C 246-247

"Just wait for my call after you go home. We better avoid meeting each other for a few days in case Mr. Qin and his people find out about our connection. If there's anything, call me," Jiang Yao said.

She asked for Manager Sun's home address, asked the driver to send him home first before going to the hospital.

She intended to deliver the medicine on the weekend, but since she had a getaway trip with Wen Xuehui over the weekend and she was already outside right now, she might as well stop by the hospital for a while.

She bought two bags of fruits at the hospital entrance. She placed one bag at the guard post and told the guard on duty to pass it to Wu Zhong the next day, then brought another bag to the inpatient wards.

After the promotion, Wu Zhong did not need to be on night duty anymore, which was great for his physical recuperation. Jiang Yao was also wondering when and how she should tell him about her performing surgery on him. However, no matter how many years of experience she had as a practicing doctor in her previous life, now, she was only a freshman, she doubted that Wu Zhong would be convinced of her medical skills.

When the hospital was entirely and lawfully hers, she could set up her own designated operating theater without anyone's knowledge or interference. By then, it would be easier to utilize the Medical System, enhance her skills, and convince Wu Zhong.

Jiang Yao retrieved the medicine out of the system when she arrived at the hospital. After several attempts, she realized that it was exceptionally simple and easy to retrieve small items from the system. She only needed to concentrate on her consciousness and the item that she wanted would magically appear on her palm.

At this moment, Chen Zhibin was staying with his mother in the ward. He gaped in surprise when Jiang Yao came in.

"Jiang Yao, why are you here at this moment? Do you have another meeting?" Chen Zhibin asked doubtfully and mumbled to himself quietly, 'I didn't hear anything about a meeting in the hospital, besides, it's not a weekend, why is she here so unexpectedly?'

"I have some matters to attend to, and since the hospital was on the way, I stopped by to have a look, assuming that you'd be around. Oh yes, I just got this medicine from the doctor for your mother, it's a new prescription drug. Mix it with water before giving it to your mother," Jiang Yao uttered a lie, guessing that Chen Zhibin would not go and ask the doctor about the medicine.

Then, as she looked at Madam Chen, she could not help but sigh slightly. It was only a couple of days but the patient on the bed was as thin and pale as paper.

"How's your mother doing?"

She took the record file hanging by the bed and started flipping through it. It recorded Madam Chen's medical activities on a daily basis, such as how many times she was awake, when, for how long, and so on.

Holding the medicine in his hand, Chen Zhibin glanced at Jiang Yao in a daze as if he was looking at an experienced doctor. The way she studied the medical record discreetly while observing his mother on the bed was exactly like how the specialist did it during ward rounds.

Madam Chen was doing much better than before, at least her condition had stabilized now. She would be out of critical danger if there were no other emergencies. She still could not talk, move, or eat normally, but she woke up several times a day now, sometimes for three to five minutes, which was a good sign.

"Melt the medicine with a little warm water, and then feed it to your mother with some more water."

Jiang Yao only got to look at Chen Zhibin after putting down the file. He looked as if he was ready to faint, which indicated that he had been staying with his mother day and night.

She pursed her lips in concern and said, "I've looked at your mother's file. Her condition is under control now, what awaits her is the recovery phase for her to slowly heal, so you don't have to stay with her 24/7. If you go on like this, you would not be able to stand it even if your body is made of steel. What if you fall ill after your mother gets better? Do you want her to take care of you then?"

Chen Zhibin felt warm energy surge through his body as if he was embracing a heater upon hearing Jiang Yao's concern. He knew that the sergeant had asked his wife to look after them on his behalf, but she would not be so attentive and care for them if she were not genuinely sincere nor kind.

"I know, don't worry. I'll go home tomorrow to clean the house. The doctor said that my mom's condition has been improving day by day. I'm going to cook for her myself when she wakes up, so I'll take care of myself."

A big and sturdy man like Chen Zhibin was nodding his head vigorously and making a promise to Jiang Yao obediently like a three-year-old boy. His response made Jiang Yao grin and chuckle in amusement. This man standing in front of her was older than her, but there she was, chiding and persuading him like an old woman.

Jiang Yao left after a short while. When she was going down the stairs, she saw the director come running toward her so she stood there waiting.

"Miss Jiang, sorry, I didn't know you were here. Why didn't you drop by at the office?"

The director had just come out from the operating room due to an emergency surgery. As soon as he learned about Jiang Yao's arrival after the surgery, he quickly rushed over to greet her.

Frankly speaking, the director was genuinely afraid of her ever since the incident where she beat the crap out of Mr. Qin to the point where he could not even report his case to the police.

Since Mr. Qin's police report came to no avail by Jiang Yao's arrogant interception, everyone had been eagerly anticipating the drama that would unfold next, but what they got was nothing more than Mr. Qin's malicious comments about Jiang Yao's possible failure in managing the hospital and also a rumor that he was ready to sell his shares.

Due to this particular matter, someone went to the extent of searching for Jiang Yao's background, but Director Ye kept his mouth as tight as a drum. He simply replied with a smile without exposing a single thing about her. For those with whom he shared a close relationship, he simply advised them not to mess with the girl.

The director decided that it was better for him to take this newly-appointed shareholder's side due to the fact that the Qi family could easily surrender their shares just like that.

"I'm here to visit a friend, that's all."

Of course, Jiang Yao knew why the director was being so diligent and earnest, but the rumors had been spreading like wildfire for a day, how could he not know that everyone was talking about how she would destroy the hospital?

Thus, she decided to probe the director's mind and observe his behavior.

"I heard that many people have been talking about how I will ruin Shengqi Hospital and make it go bankrupt, what's your take on this? Were there any doctors who wanted to resign today?" Jiang Yao asked.

"I don't know what they are saying, but speaking from the bottom of my heart, you, Miss Jiang, are definitely an excellent leader who can bring our hospital to the next level. For as long as the establishment of the hospital, most of the staff have been old bones like me. In order to be up to date with technological advancements, fresh young blood is required for the hospital's positive development. I've been favoring recruiting young people to come to our hospital for internships," the director said with a smile.

"As for those who wants to resign, don't worry, they do not affect the daily operation of the hospital."

"Have you approved their resignation?" Jiang Yao asked, frowning. He was the man who the Qi family appointed as the director, could he be doing something so reckless and stupid?

Moreover, how could the Qi family not tell him anything about their order? Before Lu Xingzhi left, he specifically told the Qi family that they would interrogate them if any of the doctors or nurses were to resign. It was impossible that the Qi family did not give him a heads-up.