1. Filthy streets

09.56 pm (Reader pov)

"Don't worry my little flower, everything will be alright" said Mama and squeezed my hand. We are walking through some streets in Piltover. I have no idea why we where here and to add to that so late in the night.
Mama looks annoyed and is cowered in blood wich wakes some questions in my head."Mama?" I ask in a confused tone. "Yes?"
"Why are we running up here in those streets so late in the night?" "Oh my little flower... Mama has to do something. I need to talk with some people. " She answered in a serious but shaking voice.
"And where is Papa? Why isn't he walking with us?" my curiosity is getting stronger. I look up to Mama and see how she was starting to look... guilty? No i must have mistaken. "Don't cry Mama. Papa will find us eventually, Right?" I said with a concerned smile on my face. She looks down at me with a visibly forced smile: "Ofcourse my little flower...Ofcourse."

I always admired my Mama. She looks beautiful and has long purple hair that shines under the light from the streetlights. Her skin pale like snow and she always knows what to do in difficult situations. Papa always said that i look just like Mama. But my hair is more violet than purple.

"Where are we going, Mama?" "We are going to visit an old friend of mine." her face didn't show any emotions. It was like she gave up. "Are they...nice?" Mama ignored my question and looked around to see if no one is around. She got on her knees to match my hight and started whispering: "Psst my little flower we have to be quiet. Mama will look for a place to sleep for the rest of the night but we will have to talk with someone before sleeping." she looked at me with a serious look on her face. "So we are not sleeping home tonight? But i don't want to sleep in Piltover! Our home is deep down in Zhaun not here!"
I didn't even notice that i screamed the last part. Mama grabbs me by my shoulders:
"Y/N! Will you be quiet now? You will get us in more trouble!"
I look blankly at Mama. She rarely calls me by my name...
"Sorry Mama" are the only words that i can get out. Mama got up and we start walking again.
The only things to hear are our footsteps, sometimes voices from nearby bystanders and the gentle raindrops pouring down on us. After what felt like ages of walking we finally stopp in front of a big wooden door. It has fancy patterns carved in its wood and the doorknobs are wierdly shaped. The building is blue colored and above the door is a sign that says: "Danas". We stood here for some minutes before Mama decided to knock three times.

Shortly after we hear some muffeld talking that gets louder. The door opens and a woman with short brown hair looks down on us. She is chubby but not fat and is wearing a way to pink dress with dirt on it. She is holding a cigarette in her left hand that she takes a sip from. Her face turned from annoyance to a shocked expression when she saw me and Mama. She starts choking but gets a hold of herself short after. "WANDA?! What what the hell are you doing here? Who's that little shit you got there? Ah shit you should get inside first, you guys are soaking wet!" The woman steps aside so that we can enter the house.
Now standing in a long hallway i can scan my surroundings. It looks very fancy and expensive. The floor seems to be made out of some kind of green marmor. The walls are gray and have some golden flowers painted on them. A chandelier is hanging from the ceiling and is cowered in gold.
The woman that let us in walked to the end of the hallway and opened a door. "You guys gotta wait there for a little bit, 'key?"
"Sure thing, Dana. Thanks for letting us in." Mama says that with a small smile. Dana just looks at me with a confused look and closes the dark-colored wooden door behind her.
"Mama, it looks so wierd in here. I want to go home..." "Oh my little flower, we have to stay here for a little while so that we can help us" "Us? But we don't need help." "We will talk about it later." After that we stand there in silence for some time.

Dana opens the door to let us inside. The room has very dark furniture. In the middle of the room there are two couches standing in front of each other. They have fluffy looking pillows on them. Between those couches is a small table with drinks and a lots of papers on it. Big bookshelves cover half of the walls."Have a seat guys... We gotta talk." "I know, but can we leave my little flower outside?" Both Mama and Dana look at me with a serious look. "Okey, but that little brat aint touching anything in this house." "Ofcourse. My little flower would you go wait outside?" "Why?" "Coz Mama and her friend have to talk in private." Without protest i walk out of the room and hear the door get looked.
I sat down while leaning against the door.
Its hard to hear something but not impossible. "Why are you here Wanda?" "I need to ask you a favor."

No reply came for some time. "But this will be the last time i help you." "Oh thank you Dana! So what i need are connections to a slave market or anythingthat would give me money for a little child. That little shit waiting outside is way to expensive and useless." "Are you sure about it? What does her father say?" "That Scumbag? I gave him a head-shot. He was as useless as that brat." "Explains your look. Well i got some people you could talk t...."

I couldn't believe my ears. How could Mama say something like that...? And Papa? No! I run to the entrance door and swing it open. My vision is blurred because of my tears. The rain didn't stop it just got stronger. I'm running through dark slippery alleyways. I tried to run around a corner but slipped on the mud that covers the ground.
I hit the ground with full speed and slithered into the wall next to me.
As i came to my senses i realized that someone was walking in my direction.

Panic started to grow in me. I saw the silhouette from my mother. Without wasting any time i got up and started running again. But this time i have pain in my right leg. It makes running a whole lot more difficult but i just couldn't let myself be sold to some strangers or even worse: get killed.

I ran and ran without looking behind. After some time my legs gave up on me. I fall to the ground. My breathing is fast and heavy. Now i realized that my right leg has a big piece of glass sticking in it. I tried to take it out but it just hurts to much.

Thanks to some streetlights i could see that i was on a bridge. And someone was walking in my direction. "Hello there little girl. What are you doing out here in that kind of weather at this hour." It was a scrawny voice from a man with a skinny silhouette.
"I... I ran away from..." after that it was all black.