Chapter 14

Strolling through the castle corridors, Eleena politely acknowledged her fellow students as she passed them by on her search for her soulmate. If memory served her right, it was Harry's free period right about now. She'd already visited the kitchen, the library, the owlery, the Astronomy tower — his usual hiding spots whenever he wanted to avoid unwanted attention. After all, the staring they had garnered during the Yule Ball had been enough to last him the rest of the year. That was what he had told Eleena, at least, so her next stop had to be the clock tower. It wasn't often that he went there, just once or twice when he had nowhere else to go, but it was a valid option.

As it turned out, he was there, standing in the balcony that offered a bird's eye view of the courtyard. From what Eleena could see, he had his grimoire in hand, flitting through the spells she had added before she gifted it to him. Biting back a smile, she crept towards him and, in a swift movement, latched herself onto his back.

"Boo." She whispered, lightly squeezing Harry's shoulders.

The Gryffindor shivered in response. He turned around, facing Eleena with a besotted expression. He leaned against her as he looped his arms around her waist, knowing full-well she could carry more than five times his weight. Grinning, he tilted his head upwards and met her lips in a chaste kiss.

"Was that supposed to scare me?" Harry mused as they pulled apart.

"No." Eleena denied, "If I truly wanted to scare you, I would do this."

After looking around to ensure nobody was in sight, she flashed her demon face, giving Harry a good look at her Hellfire red irises, pitch black sclera, and the nasty scar that covered the entire right side of her face down to her neck. She expected shock, perhaps a little fear, but Harry exhibited none of those. Instead, he only looked at her with the love he continuously claimed to have for her.

"You're beautiful." He breathed out.

"Only in your eyes." Eleena giggled, feeling the blood rush to her cheeks.

"Say that to every bloke in Hogwarts."

"None of them are aware of this side of me. They'll never see me the way you do."

Eleena hummed appreciatively when Harry nuzzled into her neck. She placed a kiss on his temple before stepping back, guiding him to sit on the balcony railing with her. They held hands as they watched the people loitering in the courtyard, both waiting for an opportunity to voice the questions on their minds.

"El-" "Haz-" The couple paused, laughing at themselves.

"You go first." Eleena gestured encouragingly.

"Alright. Well, I overheard Cedric and Salem talking earlier after breakfast. Something about a New Year's Eve dinner?"

"Ah, that. I guess he beat me to it... That's what I wanted to talk about."

"Is it a seventh year thing?"

"It's a Morningstar thing, actually. New Years' Eve is the day of our family's annual get-together. My brothers and daddy's remaining ex-wives all come home for the evening."

"Oh..."

Eleena turned at her soulmate's despondent tone, confused by the sudden mood change. Seeing that Harry was purposely averting his eyes, she cupped his jaw and tilted his head towards her direction, tapping the tip of his nose for a reaction. Just as she'd expected, he scrunched up his nose and buried his face into the crook of her neck in embarrassment.

"Tell me." The Ravenclaw urged, "What's that frown for?"

"I'll miss you..." Harry mumbled.

"Miss me?" Eleena raised a brow, "Who said I was leaving you?"