Chapter 18

Perching herself at the end of the bed, Eleena watched Harry pace the length of the room. Though he tried to hide it, he was clearly agitated, hands deep in his hair as he tugged at his own roots. Eventually, Eleena had enough of it and pulled him down beside her. She gently took his hands and held them close to her chest, offering him a soothing smile. Her sweet gesture managed to calm him down enough for him to be able to engage in a straight conversation with her.

"I know the answer, but I'll ask anyway." Eleena paused, "How do you feel?"

"I'm bloody nervous." Harry admitted, slouching in place.

"Understandable, but you have nothing to worry about. The goblins know what they're doing. Otherwise, they would have never said anything out of respect for our family." Eleena reassured.

"I'm not so sure..." Harry sighed.

Shaking her head, Eleena scooted forward and enveloped Harry in her arms, encouraging him to lean his full weight against her. She rubbed circles into his back, giving him ample time to gather his thoughts. Comfort was all she could give him at the moment. After all, she had no idea how it felt to have an evil entity using her body as a living vessel. Given, her soul was evil in its own right, but at least she knew her soul was her own and not one belonging to her parents' murderer.

"What do we do if the ritual doesn't work? If Voldemort's soul stays with me? We're not sure what'll happen. I'm not like the other Horcruxes; I'm a living vessel. I-"

"Harry. Pessimism isn't a good look for you."

Harry snickered, lightly shoving Eleena's shoulder in response. Delighted at having cheered him up even a tiny bit, Eleena briefly tightened her hold on him before placing a chaste kiss on his head. She combed down his hair with one hand whilst she re-adjusted his robes with the other.

"You'll be alright, Harry. I've been with you every step of the way. I won't stop now."

"I love you... So much. I'm glad you're here."

"I love you too, and I won't let anything happen to you."

"I know that."

"Then, shall we? Otherwise, we'll be late. We don't want to keep the goblins waiting."

Harry nodded, allowing Eleena to take him by the hand and pull him to his feet. They left her dorm room together and met up with Salem at the bottom of Ravenclaw Tower's staircase. From there, they apparated away after making sure there would be no witnesses to their sudden, unsanctioned departure. Nobody would tell—everyone in the House of Ravenclaw feared and respected their Lady too much—but it was better to be safe than sorry.

Materializing in a gap in the crowded pathways of Diagon Alley, the twins sandwiched Harry in order to hide him from unwanted onlookers. He was already wearing a dark cloak, but they couldn't risk someone recognizing him. Under no circumstances could Dumbledore find out that they'd snuck Harry out of the castle. They weren't completely safe until they were inside Gringotts, where the goblins were required to hide their presence as per customer policy.

"Mister and Miss Morningstar, Mister Potter." The bespectacled receptionist greeted, "You're right on time. Follow me, Allor awaits."

The receptionist guided them through a long corridor, stopping at a double-doored entrance that opened into a massive space where the ritual attendants patiently awaited their arrival. Since the ritual was volatile in nature, Salem had to stay outside with Eleena being the only one allowed to accompany Harry. The Ravenclaw guided her soulmate forward with a hand on his lower back, walking him to the slab of rock situated in the middle of the area with deep markings carved around it. She stood back as the goblins stripped Harry of his outer robes and strapped him down on the rock as a separate attendant readied the ritual potion.