Chapter Three

CHALLENGES WERE COMPLETELY NORMAL, AND A WAY TO SHOW DOMINANCE AND STRENGTH OVER OTHERS, DANIEL AND ANDERS WERE USED TO CHALLENGES COMING FROM CHARLIE AND MARCO. The two of them made their way to the arena, it was a large circular arena with grassy floors and wooden stands with benches. There was a balcony built into it for where Fenrir would sit and watch the challenge, making sure things didn't go too far. He usually never allowed the fights to go to the death. He didn't want the lives of his pack to be lost because of a dominance challenge.

The two teens made their way to the arena, a comfortable silence between the two. The leaves crunched beneath their feet as they walked, Anders sighed softly there was something off he could feel and the wolf inside of him was pacing anxiously. Warning him to be on his guard. Wolves had good instincts and when they had a feeling that something was going to happen they were usually right. They could hear the chatter of the wolves that wanted to watch, it was completely optional, they never had to. And the wolves watching never cheered for who they wanted to win. It was disrespectful and wolves were all about things, such as showing respect.

They went to their respectful sides and stripped down to just their pants, it was an old wolf dominance tradition that just stuck, it gave the opponents more of a chance to a fair fight without worrying about cheating. Each fight was when they went for a partial shift where their claws, ears, and tails were exposed. They were all instant, shifting forms was something the children were taught when they were a couple of months. They were not werewolves, they could not be made, it was something a person had or they didn't. The only reason that Anders was able to shift was because of his heritage, specifically the frost giant side. The two of them gave each other a quick embrace, a way of luck for the two of them. They were trusting each other to do this, Charlie and Marco were not easy wolves to beat. And they always played dirty.

A Beta walked over to the two of them with a nervous look on his face, adding to Anders' wolf's anxiousness. Making him highly alert. He jogged over to the Beta and stopped a few paces away from him. Daniel at his heels, wondering what was up with his best friend and brother. Betas were wolves that either helped Omegas and submissives with children or they were fighters. It depended on what they did during their years in school learning the ways of the pack.

"Anders, there are intruders, the challenge will take place at a later date. The Alpha demands that you and Daniel take care of the intruders." The Beta says, anxiously, he was obviously worried for the pups the way he looked back continuously to the kids that were a couple of paces behind him. Anders looked at Daniel who nodded at him and they looked back at the Beta.

"We'll take care of it."

Those few words and Anders used his magic so the two of them were in their battle armour. Daniel's was made of grey leather, there was golden chestplate and armour and a large axe at his shoulder and a hood and mask that covered his mouth and nose, only leaving his eyes exposed. Anders' was more elegant in a sense, he had the same black leather, but there was a grey leather strap that came across his chest that connected to a baldric at his hip. He didn't have a hood but he had a mask that covered his mouth and nose. Both of the masks were so they were not recognizable.

They both shifted into their wolf forms, Anders' red wolf and Daniel's grey and white. They tore through the forests at top speed driven by the need to protect their pack and keep them safe. The two of them would die in pride to protect their pack, rather than live as cowards. Anders slowed to a trot when he smelled something that he had not for around 8 years. It was Morgan. She was here and in the pack's territory. Daniel stopped next to him and tilted his head in question as to why they stopped. A second later he was crouched down and stood up, he ran a hand through his hair, this was going to make things a lot more complicated.