political? really?

this is by me, thanks for reading!!!

sorry about grammar or spelling mistakes, :)

Honey, you haven't seen how political I can be

It is heartbreaking to realize that some of the people you love don't support you. It is far more crushing to realize that they will never accept that there is more to who you are than who they believe you are. The devastation of knowing that when they look at you, they do not see you and all you hope to achieve.

My mom raised me to do what was right. I cannot count how many times I raged against injustice. My mother just told me to "be the change I wanted to see in the world". For 13 years I thought this was because it was because she supported me and my vision of an equal society. Now that mantra has been replaced, and "there is always going to be stuff like that in the world, why do you feel the need to get mixed up in it?" slices at my soul, "why?" my mom asked, "because if you don't stand up for what you believe is right then your part of the fucking problem mom, does it matter if it is online? it's still being said and I cant just block those people out as you do?" I of course didn't say that because It would have gotten into a full rant from her about things that I've heard a thousand times in my life.

It's hard to stop being political when they debate your very existence and fundamental rights as if you are no more than a dog, or a chair. I have no desire to be swept under the rug but i don't think anyone would like that?. I will not blink out quietly in the night like a dying star.

Show me someone who has never dreamed of remaking the world. You can't. Because we struggle and fight and dream about making things better, and even once we have had those dreams beaten out of us by anger and disappointment and exhaustion it doesn't mean they were never there. It's what makes us human. The desire to leave our mark or the fear of being remembered wrong pushes us and weighs us down in equal measure.

My mom should have changed her mantra to something different. After all the reverse psychology of my childhood, how am I supposed to take "Stop making everything so political" from people in my life as anything but a challenge?

I wonder what being President is like.

(might even make a chapter about that)

thanks for reading 

Onyx