Oli McBurnie Part 2 - 'I Want You'

"You want me back? Oliver it's been nearly 6 years since I last saw you! Nearly 6 years since you told me you wanted nothing to do with your son!" I fired back. Oli's mum replied, "he did what? Oliver I'm so ashamed in you, I never thought you could do that! Especially to the girl you adored most!" I looked at my dad with tears in my eyes and I could see the anger. "I don't know who you think you are! That boy knows nothing about you, he just thinks he shares a last name with a footballer! Do you think you can come into my grandson's life just like that?" My dad raised his voice towards Oli. "I know and I'm sorry if I could go back I wouldn't treat the situation like I did. I was immature and my biggest regret is not staying." Oli pleaded with me. "I'll not stop you from seeing him but as for us, it's back to square one at the most." I said in the calmest way I could and walked off towards Phil whilst my dad gave Oli my new number. "You handled that so well sweetie, he doesn't deserve you at all!" Phil told me. "Thankyou Uncle Philly!" I said back cheekily and watch him laugh at the nickname that my 1 year old self named him all those years ago! As we turned the corner we bumped into Jade, Leo and Milo looking for Billy. "Have you seen Bill, Y/N?" Jade asked. "Yeah he's round the corner making sure my dad doesn't hit Oli!" I laughed. "Thankyou, I'll see you soon and we'll organise a catch up with the boys!" "Yes definitely!" We carried on walking out to the car and Phil's family were waiting for them. "I'll see you soon Uncle Philly!" I said so he could go off to his family. "I guess the nickname stuck all those years didn't it?!" Phil said. "Yes it did and it'll never go away either!" I replied laughing. "I'll see you soon sweetie, I'm only a call away!"

Oliver walked out the stadium alone after his parents stormed out in a huff earlier on. I'd travelled separately to my dad but waited as I wanted to make sure nothing serious happened. I made a confused face at Oliver and he walked over. "Where's your mum and dad?" I asked politely. "They've gone home because I didn't tell them the full truth and now they don't want to speak to me." He replied noticeably upset. "Do you want a lift home then?" I asked. "Please, if you don't mind." "Course I don't, get in the car and we can clear the air on the way home yeah?" I said. "Yeah I'd like that, I'd like that a lot.

On the whole way home me and Oliver made up for lost time, catching up and clearing the air. He invited me into his house claiming he needed help decorating. He wasn't wrong but the house itself was absolutely stunning. "Oh my god!" I said. "What? Is something wrong? Are you okay?" He quickly asked. "Yes I'm fine silly! Your house is beautiful is what I meant! I laughed whilst tapping him on the arm slightly.

We went to IKEA and bought a lot of white and grey things and made his house look even more beautiful than before. I was finishing off his bedroom whilst he sorted one of the other bedrooms out. He quickly came in and asked if I'd unload his clothes into the wardrobes as he didn't think he'd get chance to do it today. He'd put a film on for Leo whilst we did the house up. As I finished putting the last of his socks in the draw and was happy with the end result, Oliver walked in looking rather worn out.

"You okay Ol?" I asked. "Yes thankyou, you've done a good job in here haven't you!" He said walking over to me. "You think so? I wouldn't say I've done a bad job though to be fair!" I said as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "I love it!" he said whilst looking down at me and smiling at the same time. "Good, it's taken me ages!" I smiled up at him wrapping my arms round his neck. "I want to show you something in the other room." He said.
He held my hand and led me into the room he'd decorated perfectly for a child. "What do you think?" He said proudly. "It's stunning!" I said whilst looking around. "I want Leo to be able to stay at mine and have his own bedroom, can we show him?" He asked. "We need to sit him down and explain everything to him, because as my dad said he just thinks you share a name. I never told him the truth because I wanted to wait until he was a bit older and would understand better." I said.

———
Part 3?
Hi guys I'm back and I hope you like this!