Chapter 1

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up with a family walking into a grocery store and the mother takes one of the baskets that's stacked by the door. The little girl is wearing a necklace with an amethyst pendant. The little girl and boy look around, spotting and wandering over to a shelf full of various kinds of candy. The dad notices them as the mom goes walking down one of the aisles. 

Dad: Leave the candy there. 

Little Girl: Come on, daddy! 

Little Boy: Yeah! We haven't gotten candy in a while! 

Dad: Tell you what. You two behave in here and we'll get you some candy. Deal? 

Little Boy/Girl: Okay! 

Dad: Then it's a deal. Now let's go catch up with your mother. 

The little girl and boy go running to their dad and they all walk down the aisle the mom went into. 

Mom: Hey, honey. What type of cake mix do you think we should get? 

Dad: That's a good question. But I think the only correct answer here is chocolate. 

Mom: Of course. I don't know why I even asked. 

The mom takes a few boxes of chocolate cake mix, putting them in the basket. 

Dad: What else do we need? 

Mom: Paper plates, napkins, plastic forks and knives, sugar, and flour. 

Dad: More than I originally thought. 

Mom: We are going to have quite a few people over. We're just lucky we don't have to buy more. 

Dad: True. I'll go get the sugar and flour. Meet you in the aisle with the plastic things and plates. 

Mom: Okay. 

The dad walks out of the aisle. 

Little Girl: Mommy, are we going to get snacks?

Mom: I don't see why you can't. 

Little Girl: Yeah! Mini muffins! 

Little Boy: Don't forget about mini donuts, too! 

Mom: You two have spoken. Mini donuts and muffins it is.

The little boy and girl high five each other. 

Mom: We'll go get them and then catch up with your father. 

The mom leads the boy and girl down the aisle, when they hear a gunshot go off, immediately looking in the direction it came from. She turns to the boy and girl.

Mom: You two stay here. Don't come following after me no matter what you see. Got it? 

They both nod. The mom then goes walking off, disappearing around the corner. That's when they hear another gunshot goes off. It cause the little girl and boy to jump right before the boy goes walking toward the end of the aisle. 

Little Girl: Wait. Mother told us to stay here. 

Little Boy: I know what she said. But they could need help. We need to make sure they're okay. 

The boy walks to the end of the aisle, being slowly followed by the little girl. 

The boy comes walking around the corner, looking into the next aisle as he goes walking by, going to the aisle after. His sister comes following up behind him as he reaches the next aisle, looking in, causing him to freeze as soon as he sees what happened. The little girl comes walking up beside him, having the same reaction.