Chapter 3

(No One's P.O.V.)

The scene opens up to the living room of the Sieks penthouse. The door bursts open and Caleb and Cassady come running in. Caleb closes the door behind them as Cassady leans against the couch. 

Gyoe comes walking out of the study, noticing them both breathing heavily. 

Gyoe: What happened? Why are you two out of breath? 

Caleb: We were running... Very fast.

Gyoe: Where were you two? Who were you running from? 

Cassady: We were at this restaurant, just enjoying talking to each other, when bullets started flying in through the window. I couldn't really get a good look at who did it. 

Gyoe: Did you catch who they were, Caleb? 

Caleb nods furiously, trying to hide any sign of tears or anxiety. This is to no avail as he begins breathing heavier the more he thinks about it, showing there's tears in his eyes when he looks up at Gyoe. 

Caleb: It was them. I don't know where they've been this entire time, or what they've been doing, but they came back. 

Cassady: Who? 

Caleb: The group of people that tore my family apart. 

Cassady: Oh... I don't know what to say. 

Gyoe: You're positive it was them? 

Caleb: I could never forget what they looked like. I caught a glimpse of them right before I pulled Cassady to the floor. It was definitely them. 

Gyoe sighs. 

Gyoe: (mumbling) This isn't good. 

Caleb glances over at Cassady before looking back at Gyoe. 

Caleb: You okay, Gyoe? 

Gyoe: Yeah, fine. Just thinking about something. 

Caleb: What do we do? 

Gyoe: We play this as safely as we can. Starting by getting Cassady back to her university. 

Cassady: Wait, what? I wouldn't be safest with you two? 

Caleb: You might not be. They did just target me with an attack. And it's quite possible you weren't around me long enough for them to have a solid enough reason to use you to get to me. 

Gyoe: He's got a point. 

Cassady: I guess that was a pretty stupid question. 

Caleb: But don't worry. I won't be completely ignoring you. I'll still be texting you and driving by every once in a while to make sure everything's okay. 

Cassady nods. 

Cassady: At least I'll have that. 

Caleb: This won't be permanent, hopefully. We'll figure this out, okay? 

Cassady: Okay. 

Gyoe: And please don't tell your parents about this. We don't want to run the risk of more people getting hurt. 

Cassady nods. 

Caleb: Come on. 

The scene then cuts to Caleb and Cassady walking out to his car, getting into it, and Caleb starts the engine. 

Cassady: This whole thing sucks. 

Caleb: I know. 

They then go driving off.