Chapter 7

(No One's P.O.V.)

Caleb is now laying in a hospital bed with bandages wrapped around his stomach and his left arm in a sling. He's wearing Kelly's necklace and his phone is on the end table next to him. 

Lucy and Cole are exiting the room right as Gyoe and Cassady come walking in. 

Cassady: Oh, it's so good to see that you're okay! 

Cassady rushes over to him, hugging him before retracting from him a few seconds later, standing close to him. 

Caleb: Yeah, guess I am... all things considered. 

Caleb glances at Gyoe before looking back at Cassady. She notices but doesn't say anything. 

Cassady: The news said somebody attacked Sieks Enterprises. I came over as quickly as I could to see you. Figured it would be safe after those people were arrested. 

Caleb: Those weren't just any people. 

Cassady: Oh. Were those the people that...? 

Caleb nods. 

Caleb: They are. That's why I had to fight them. Or at least try. Wasn't exactly good at it. 

Cassady: That doesn't matter. You being safe and alive does. And taking down those people make you both Heroe's.  

Caleb glances down for a few seconds before looking back at Cassady. 

Caleb: Thanks. 

Cassady: I'm assuming that's also what the Legendary Warriors are. 

Gyoe: What? How do you know about them? 

Cassady: They referenced it when they were talking about you. Questioned if Caleb was going to join them, too. 

Gyoe: That's up for a massive debate. 

Caleb: What are the Legendary Warriors? 

Gyoe: A group of people that are dedicated to the safety of the innocent. To pledge their life to protect the people no matter what. Right up to their last breath. 

Caleb: What a binding agreement. 

Gyoe: You could say that. 

Caleb: And that's the life that got my parents killed. 

Gyoe: Yeah. The group did change after that, though. 

Cassady: I'd say it would be cool if you did join... but I wouldn't blame you if you didn't. 

Gyoe: Neither would I. 

Caleb: I don't think I want to. 

Gyoe: That's a good choice. Now I'd like to talk to Caleb in private. Is that okay? 

Cassady: Yeah, of course. I'll be waiting outside. 

Cassady gives Caleb a wave before exiting the room. 

Caleb: What is this about? 

Gyoe: I went back to the penthouse while the doctors were taking care of you. Wanted to check on the status of it after what that guy said. Made me curious after you showed up at Sieks Enterprises. 

Caleb: What did he say? 

Gyoe: That he sent people to kill you. 

Caleb nods, realizing where Gyoe is going with this. 

Gyoe: I found two dead bodies. Both with arrows in their chests. 

Caleb: They did try to kill me. And it helped to make it easier knowing that they deserved it.