chapter 1: meeting the Matthews

Waring: okay first chapter may be suck, because it's the starting, so if you find it suck don't blame me okay?, good, enjoy, love you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

song for this chapter

middle of starting over- Sabrina carpenter

break free-ariana grande

let it go- frozen

Maya point of view

My hand held on to my suitcase handle tightly as I drag it behind me following Mr Peter.

I can't believe I've left every memories I have of my parents behind". Good, bad everything.

We exist the airport as new York fresh air hit my face, man new York is cold. I adjust my jacket around my body to keep the cold wind from blowing in also to hide my cuts.

We walk towards a black limo, a guy open the door for me and I got in, and so did Mr Peter.

The driver pull out of the drive way, here goes nothing. Maybe this new place well be a fresh start to just forget all the pain I've been through.

I lean my forehead on the cold glass window looking out, new York city is such a big place just like the way people describe it.

"Maya", you have to make it work this time, this family are your only choice or the orphanage home", I heard Mr Peter said.

The word "family", set me off guard, I used to have a family unit they were taken away from me. My eyes started to get watery just thinking of the night I lost them.

"Flash back".

It was Sunday night, and Lucas came over for dinner, we were in the living room watching sponge Bob. Mom and dad were in the kitchen.

Lucas laugh at Patrick swallowing a rock".

I turn my gaze to him than shook my head looking away.

Maya baby, me and your father are going to the nanny for something", I heard mom scream out to me.

Nanny was my babysitter until I got older and now she's 80 years old.

"Okay mom", I said.

I felt someone kissing my head, looking up and saw my mom, she also kiss Lucas and follow dad outside.

So, Lucas started , are you ready for the first day of school tomorrow?".

I shook my head, no, summer vocation went by too fast".

He laugh at my reply.

I'm actually excited to start 10 grade", he said.

Me too, I can't wait to see who I get for science.

Science is my favorite subject, every time I tell people is my favorite subject they always say am weird, my friends say the same but I really don't care, my dad say I act just like my mom, she doesn't care what other think of her decisions.

You're such a weirdo", he joked laughing at his own stupid joke.

I shoved his shoulder laughing along with him.

Between sponge Bob and Patrick who's the funniest?", he ask when our laughter died down.

I think sponge bob is", I said.