5

When my flight finally landed in Pittsburgh, I nearly screamed from excitement. There was no greater feeling than being home.

After retrieving my suitcase and bag, I took a taxi to my anything but extravagant house. It was a nice sized two bedroom house in a nice neighborhood. My neighbors were mostly elderly, which was more of a blessing than curse.

The taxi finally arrived, and I payed the driver. Dragging my suitcase behind, I ran into the house and plopped down on the warm, tan couch. Inhaling the familiar scent brought a smile to my face, and I realized just how much I missed this place.

I'll have to get used to that.

My silence was soon interrupted by my phone going off. I grabbed it from my pocket and saw a text from an unknown number.

'Hey honey. Miss me yet?'

I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. Who the hell was this, and why would I miss them? More importantly, why are they calling me honey?

'Who the hell is this?'

I waited for a few seconds before I got a reply.

'Love you too, Claire.'

'Randy? How did you get my number?'

'I have ways.'

I threw my phone to the ground, not wanting Randy to distract me any longer. He was merely one of many pawns in my game of success here in WWE. He only mattered to me when I needed to use him. Now that I'm home, I want to be surrounded by people that I actually care about and love. Thankfully for me, I had set up a meeting with one of those people today.

* * *

I sat outside of The White Rabbit and waited for my best friend to show up. We always came here to get coffee before school, and it quickly became our favorite local coffee shop. I sure do miss coming here to chat whenever.

As I took a sip of my caramel macchiato, I heard a faint giggle. Placing the cup down, I saw none other than Christine pushing her infant daughter, Hope, in a stroller. She looked so happy to see me, but upon closer examination, I could see how tired she was.

"Hey, Christine." I said, standing to hug her.

"Welcome back, Claire. How was it?" She asked, sitting across from me.

"Amazing. Breathtaking. Intimidating."

"How so?" She questioned, ordering a black coffee and muffin.

"I was surprised that I made it, and I still am. It just didn't seem real to me. And I might have gotten some dick." I said, regretting it once I saw Christine's eyes light up.

"Tell me!" She squealed, ignoring the waiter placing her breakfast on the table.

"There's not much to tell. Randy and I kind of knew each other before I debuted, and seeing each other again ignited something. We ended up fucking on the side of the highway."

"You're kidding. The side of the highway, Claire?" She said, feeding Hope the muffin.

"Well you know how I do it." I said, sipping my macchiato happily, "So, how's life going for the average thirty something soccer mom that is in desperate need of sex?"

"Very funny. You don't need to brag about your amazing twenty something sex life. And it's going fine, by the way." Christine answered, pursing her lips as she took Hope from her stroller and held her.

"I'm not bragging! I just want to know what things are like for you nowadays."

"Things are going great for me. Scott and I are doing good, Braden made the middle school soccer team. And of course, Hope is as beautiful as ever." She said, kissing the infant's bald head and laughing.

"I'm really happy for you guys." I said, playing with Hope's little hands.

The two of us talked for an hour then parted ways. She had to get back to her children, while I had to get back to enjoying my life as a single, carefree, successful young lady. I'd say I got the better end of the deal quite honestly.

* * *

Guys, I have an obsession with NKOTB. It's unhealthy. I blame my '80's baby' mother. :)

Sorry for not updating. I've been kind of slacking on life for the past week or so.

Like

Comment

Share

Till next time!