Entry: 7

"You're such a silly man." I say with a slap to Luke's arm and a girlish giggle. He is such a weirdo at times.

He glares at me with a sloppy grin across his tan skinned face. "And you're the queen of weirdos."

I raise both brows at him. "I thought I was your queen." I laugh. Luke found a rollie-polly racing across the concrete.

"True, but I think I rather worship this little princess."

I roll my eyes and before he can notice I snatch his new friend from his palm. Ha, now he has to do as I please, honestly he would anyway. "Give her back to me." He fakes a cry.

I smiled coyly and crook a finger at him, beckoning him to me. "Come 'er silly boy."

Luke just gave me a look with a grumpy face. "Now I'm a boy huh, what happened to being a big strong man?" Pouting he stuck out his bottom lip making my teeth clench to stop the urge to reach out and nip it.

With a small smile I say, "Yes, yes you're my big burly man." I joke.

"That's more like it." He says with a goofy grin and leans in for a kiss.

Just to have a laugh I stop him with my pointer finger to his lips and his eyes fly open to peer at me curiously, a small furrow between his brows.

I lick my lips as a teaser, watching as his eyes go to them straight away. "Who's your queen?" I ask in a low whisper.

His eyes grow wide and a goofy grin breaks out across his face. "Wyatt you're more than my queen, you're my everything."

•~•~•

"Well isn't this a surprise." Someone said from behind.

"And you are..?" I started to turn but stop once I saw his face, the boy that held my hair back while I embarrassingly puked my insides out. "Well, hey."

I didn't know know to reply it's not like we were friends or anything, he followed me around a party and watched as I hurled my feelings. What do you say to that? So I let him make the first move, besides he spoke to me first. But he looked good, short hair a mess and green eyes studying me, I don't know what it is about high cheek bones but they were a hot turn on for me, Luke had beautiful bone structure. His though we so pronounced they left hollows in cheeks.

"You look better than last time I laid eyes on you." He commented, I looked away with a snort.

Great, that's how he remembers me.

"Yeah wasn't my best night of the year." I down cast my eyes and continued pushing my shopping cart along the aisle of cereals.

"Why so fast, just trying to talk?" He said walking beside me. "Look I just want to talk."

He marched in front of the cart with swift movements I barely had time to react. I stopped with his helpful assistance might I add. He just stood there straight as a rod peering right into my gray eyes with his own forest greens, his hair flopping just the slightest to the left in a hectic mess.

Usually I'm shier, but to day I was on an up swig for disaster and I didn't feel like playing some kind of game, it's bad enough I'm out of the house on a day all I wanted to do was lay in bed. I just needed to rush through the shopping and get to the obnoxious grocery line and rush home to my delightful bed.

I take a side look at coco pebbles. "A few words that's it." And glance back to his eyes.

He shakes his head. "Okay, okay. I can work with that." He takes a breath and then I realize I don't even know his name just that he took care of me at some party.

"What's your name?" I start, that's a good start right, that's how normal people do it? Fuck I forget how to even do this anymore.

"River Owens." He introduced himself with a side smirk, it wasn't snide though more of a boyish smirk.

"Wyatt Stone." I watch him watching me, there was nothing but interest and for once it didn't make me feel scrutinized, so I let out a small smile, just a tiny lift of the lips.

"Well now we have the names down." He winks, he actually winks at me. I don't even know how to feel about that.

"Alright you had your words, I've got to shop." I try to move my cart but he blocks my every move, watching me like a predator stalks its prey.

I give up with a huff and give him a steady side look behind stray hairs that intervene with my vision. "What do you want River?"

"Let me walk with you, we don't even need to say anything." I sighed, what is his angle here?

"Fine. But no talking." I point a warning finger along with a death stare, yet I say it with a crossed smile.

"Whatever."

"Yeah, whatever." With a roll of my eyes.

River gives me another side long look down the dairy aisle before I see his mouth about to open. "No. No, words. You agreed."

"Why so touchy?"

I just grumbled a reply too tired to even give an honest answer. Why is he even following me, it's not like we're friends, I don't even know him? I'm not fun to be around, I'm not gorgeous or anything, pretty yes, stunning no. So why the sudden attention? When I was with Luke guys used to flaunt over me at times, I used to enter a room and have everyone smiling. That was how people reacted to me back then, not anymore though.

We'd just gotten to the produce section and I was ready to book it out of here and that's when the chatter picked up, right when the silence was getting comfortable again.

"You know you're not the talkative type, but that's okay I'm usually not either," He goes on. "I'm used to having some girl chattering in my ear instead of the silent treatment."

"It's not the silent treatment... I just enjoy it and if you have girls that have interest in you why are you talking to me?" I give him a quizzical look with furrowed brows, I don't give him much attention before going back to my pickings of carrots and broccoli.

"Guess you interest me." He said it like it made total sense.

"Yeah I'm loads of interesting." I snort.

"I bet you are, never met a girl that talks as much as you do." He grunted with a small chuckle. Surprisingly I liked the sound of it from him, it was deep and a bit rough but still had its boyish charm, it was comforting in a way.

"Yeah well I'm done here. See you around I guess." I waved going to the check out line.

The cashier made quick work out of my less than twenty items, scanning them like a pro. Wow, listen to me being all proud of a fifty year old man doing his job of ringing up food.

"Maybe I'll walk you to your car." River stated as the last item went through its intended process.

"Or nah." I joke. Imitating some vine type deal Cam showed me.

"Aren't you the cutest little mimicker." He laughed.

"I try." I said heading for the exit. God make some kind of effort to be nice, he's trying.

"So what are your plans for tonight?" I turned to my side to ask River, but he seemed pretty occupied staring off into the parking lot like I didn't exist.

"Hey, what's up?" I questioned. He looked like a cautious predator, watching everything going on around him with now cold eyes.

"I've got to go." He mumbled, leaving a soft squeeze to my wrist.

I looked back a few seconds after, but he was already out of sight, he completely vanished. I swear he was just there talking my ear off.

"How the fuck did he just disappear?"

Or better yet, what was he doing in the grocery store? He hadn't bought a single thing and obviously didn't work there.