Chapter 21

"Da?" Raven asked as he answered the phone, turned it to speaker then went back to cooking the meat for dinner for everyone. He was being forced to take a break from searching for Anastasia. Every chance he could he was reaching out to his contacts in Russia seeing if they had any updates. So far she kept eluding them. He had to find her so he can explain the truth to her. She didn't know everything and he had to tell her. He couldn't let her keep thinking he was lying to her. He understood her thinking that but he had to tell her the whole truth. He just had to find her, he had to.

"Find Daughter," Raven's father said making Raven drop the spatula he was using.

"What?" he asked in shock. Everyone rushed into the kitchen after Corey sent out a text.

"Look phone send picture," Raven's father said and a moment later Raven's phone lit up with a text message notification. Corey opened the message and a picture of Anastasia.

There she was smelling a flower with a soft smile on her lips. Her hair was no longer a honey color but now a dark brown almost black and her long hair was cut to her shoulders but he could tell it was still her. His beautiful Kitten.

"Where?" Raven asked breathless while staring at the picture.

"Work flower shop. Name Natasha Smirnova."

"Are you sure it's her?" Corey asked hesitantly.

"Da," Raven's father said, "Show shop six months, all name no fit her. Anton go check tomorrow."

"I on way," Raven growled.

"Da, send Ivan get all sons," Raven's father agreed. "Send updates, Anton wait you?"

"Da," Raven growled as Marc took over cooking.

"See soon Sons," Raven's father hung up.

(Meanwhile)

Anastasia opened the flower shop and smiled softly as she turned on all the lights. She powered on the computer and looked at the orders that were waiting to be created. She slipped the apron on and turned on some music then started creating the first arrangement. It has been hard for her these past six months but she had learned so much as well. Her heart still ached for Raven but her mind constantly reminded her of the deceit he and his family put her through. She had walls surrounding her now and she was determined to keep it that way. She now knew that love was false and she was slowly building a life without anyone from her past in it.

"Hello Anastasia."

She looked up in shock, "Anton."

"Boss no happy you run hide six months," Anton said as he strode over to her.

"How?" she asked glancing around the flower shop. She needed to leave but how? Knowing Anton there were men at the back door as well.

"New person town, no back info, one look, just know," He admitted. "Come Boss see you."

"Net," She shook her head.

"Come Anastasia," he demanded. "Boss talk you."

"Net," She shook her head. "Refuse."

"Force if have to," He lied but she saw through it.

"Never," She threw back.

Anton sighed, "True," he admitted. "One last chance, come see Boss."

"Never," She shook her head and crossed her arms.

"I tried," he sighed.

"Leave Anton," Anastasia demanded.

"Fine," He sighed. "But not over."

"Da is," She nodded. She didn't like the smirk on his face, he was up to something. She rushed to the door and locked it then flipped the sign to close. She sent a quick text to her boss then rushed to the back office. She took a few deep breaths then grabbed her purse and hoodie. She checked the cameras and didn't see anyone at the front door or the back. Did he actually leave or was he just out of view? She had a weird feeling in her stomach, something was going on. Anton never gave up that easily so what was he up to? She sighed, knowing him he was probably waiting out of sight of the backdoor camera so she would just go through the front door and lock it back up. As much as she hated leaving this job she had to, if he found her here then it was time to start over again. She refused to go see Raven's father and hear any more lies. She just had to get back to her place without him seeing then she could easily change her appearance again so she can slip past them to start over.

She unlocked the front door, slipped out, and locked the front door again. Just as she was pulling the key out of the lock she heard from behind her, "Kitten."