chapter three: with a cherry

•hey guys! just wanted to quickly say at the bottom of some chapters i will be including what i envision the characters to be wearing it i think it's important
•i know some people have a hard time picturing certain aspects of characters, especially outfits so i just wanted to help make it a little bit more accessible!

• • •
Tayla

     "Lindsey it's way too cold out to be flashing my cheeks to all world to see." I plead on the phone. It's about 10:30 and Lindsey has been facetiming so we could get ready together. It's kinda our tradition when we go out together. It started the very first night Lins and I hung out. I was extremely nervous because I never really had one friend who was constantly by my side growing up and all along through college, just some friends here and there who wouldn't hang out with me unless I asked first, which would rarely happen. But Lindsey is the complete opposite of that. The first day she called me and asked me a million questions about what outfit looked best on her, and I did the same to her. Now it's become our thing and I makes me feel so much more comfortable with the whole going out thing.

"T you gotta wear something hot okay? There is gonna be a lot of hot guys there and we need to find you a mans." She pauses for a moment as she places a large gold hoop earring in. Gold complements her so well. It's highlighted against her dark hair. I, for one, only wear silver. We both are big on jewelry, especially when we go out. At our hospital we have rules where you aren't allowed to wear rings around patients because they might have a reaction to them, so we deck our fingers out in them away from work. I feel bare without them. Lindsey continues, "Also it wouldn't hurt to find a nice piece of meat for the night for myself." She giggles and looks at herself in the mirror.

I shake my head and smile. "Even if they're some good looking guys, I wouldn't mind, I don't know, being warm when it's 20 degrees outside." Am I overreacting? A little bit, but this outfit has no room for warmth. After what felt like years of going back and forth with Lindsey, she forced me to put on a mini velvet cocktail dress. It is quite simple, two thin spaghetti straps hold up the dress, the neckline hugs my boobs tightly, which I'm kinda of grateful for because at a solid C cup I could use a little boost for the girls. The thin fabric hugs my curves and reaches right below my butt, not saving much room for the imagination.

"T you look insanely hot. Screw the weather there is no chance you are going out in anything but what you have on." Lindsey lectures to me.

"Alright alright. I'm ready and our Uber is downstairs. Final checks? Everything look okay?" I ask. I back further away from the camera to give her a head-to-toe view of my body. I give her a slow spin as I try to stay steady on my black heels. I have gotten more confident wearing them, thank god for a chunkier heel, but I still find myself walking like bambi at times.

She looks up for a moment and looks at me. She smiles, admiring me like a mom does on prom night. "You look absolutely beautiful Tayla." She says softly. God really sent me a good one as a best friend.

I blush slightly. "As do you babes." I clear my throat. Too much affection makes me blush too much. "Alright the Uber is waiting downstairs, that means we will be picking you up in hopefully under ten minutes. You will be ready by then yeah?" I ask.

"Of course. I'm always on time." She winks and we both laugh. The only thing Lins and I are ever on time to is work, everything else we are, let's just say, fashionably late. "See you soon! Love you!" She squeals.