{ growing up }

Walburga Black was a quite child, always having her head in the clouds looking as if she had rather be anywhere else but here. Where here was? Well no one but her would know.

She was glum, moody, gloomy, unsociable, unresponsive and last but definitely not least she was depressed. None of this took away from the undeniable beauty she had possessed, something her family were more than greatful for, Walburga on the other hand not so much.

She never wanted this.

She never wanted to be here, in this family, with these people. They were cruel to anyone they deem lesser and they were mean to even their own blood. They reminded her of her past mother, Emerys mother. The very women she despised with all of her being.

She would never cry unless her body demanded it, something that had her current parents worried yet none the less pleased. It was weird having such affectionate parents, she would've assumed it was the love a parent had for a child if not for the way they looked at her.

They would stare at her as if she was an object not a person, as if she was a priceless artefact one they would do anything to keep in their clutches. Dare she say it unnerved her to the core. They didn't see her, they saw a chance to bring in money, satiate their greed, their pride.

And boy didn't that sting.

Even in this new life of hers she was never truly loved.

Her eldest brother Alphrad was a cute kid, he was a wild spirit who ran with the wind. The only person to truly put a smile on her face, he reminded her so much of a young Sirius.

She was six years old when she met officially him.

Orion Black.

Her betrothed.

Her cousin.

The boy who kept trying to come up to her at family functions.

Keyword trying.

It had seemed due to some wacky reason her parents had been set on keeping her in the family.

She had no choice over the matter.

She knew she had too, to give birth to both Regulus and Sirius yet the reality never truly sunk in. And when it did, well she was not pleased.

She felt stuck.

She wasn't even in control of her own life, dare she say this was worse than her previous one.

She wanted to scream, cry, pull out her hair but she didn't. She sat there...like a doll. She didn't care for her life, and if she gave birth to a Sirius and Regulus well that was all anyone really needed didn't she. That's what she was there for. Giving birth and being a good pureblood wife.

Was it so bad to want more though?

She wanted to explore, she wanted to live she lusted for change.

———

Orion Black was a dashing young man, a proper pureblood. Yet he was so much a like young Draco Malfoy it was baffling.

He was snobby, stuck up and only wanted the best.

Walburga Black was the best of the best.

He wanted her.

It was as simple as that.

Yet it wasn't.

She wasn't.

Where he expected her to put up a fight she didn't.

She didn't do much except what was asked of her.

Her beauty was captivating since young, a timeless like beauty one which captures all of your attention.

Yet once you look passed that all you see is a sad little girl.

Because that's what she was.

She was sad.

She hated everything with a burning passion.

She hated her name.

Who the fuck names their kid Walburga, it was like they wanted her to get bullied.

She hated her new parents.

They ignored her brother for her.

They only saw her as a walking bank account.

She hated her betrothed.

He was weird and to clingy. He also spoke a lot which made her ears hurt and he was extremely arrogant.

She hated this world.

She wanted it all to stop.

Yet it didn't.

Because if it was one thing she knew best, it was that the world doesn't stop for anyone.

And it most certainly wouldn't stop for her.

{ A/n next chapter is hogwarts, I know this is going fast but I really want her to meet Tom. }