{ a start of a new chapter }

The train ride to Hogwarts had taken a lot longer than Walburga had expected. She was a bunch of nerves gripping onto Trevor tightly when she had finally felt the train stop. She spared a quick glance at Tom who had already begun to leave the train. She had been talking nonstop something Tom was getting quite aggravated at, but as he had leant a listening ear he had soon found out things that our young Walburga had let leak. Something that would change the game for a long time, for better or for worse.

There was one thing that young Tom Riddle knew was a fact this train ride, he would go to Gringotts Bank and get an inheritance test. Surely he couldn't be a muggle-born after all he didn't spend so long being tormented in an Orphanage to be unwanted in this new world. A new start which had so many possibilities for Tom.

Thank you Miss Black for this everlasting information.

~~

As they made their way out of the train Walburga felt a hand harshly pull at her dragging her next to a fuming Orion Black.

"Where were you Walburga!?" He whispered fiercely.

Walburga somehow felt ashamed for something that she hadn't a clue of what she had done nor what he was talking about.

"I apologise Orion I was-"

She was cut off before finishing her sentence but an annoyed Orion who all but dragged her over to his gang of pure-bloods.

"This is Walburga my betrothed." He added smugly looking at all the looks of shock and appreciation she had received from the eleven year olds.

Walburga hated them.

They were exactly like Orion, and she had already had enough with just him.

"Merry meet, my name is Walburga Black scion of The Most Ancient and Noble House of Black." She curtsied politely looking all the part of a Lady of the house of Black.

"Merry meet Lady Black my name is Abraxas Malfoy, heir to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Malfoy." He spoke a light blush dusting his features with starry eyes.

Walburga held back a blush scared of what Orion would do if he had caught her entranced by someone who wasn't him.

"Merry meet Lady Black my name is Peralt Parkinson heir to the Most Ancient and Noble House of Parkinson, and this is my sister Peonie scion of house Parkinson." He had spoken his words with a blank face though that didn't do much for him because Walburga had thought that he had looked a lot like a run over pug who was suffering from constipation. His sister on the other hand had taken resemblance more of a squashed pug. She was trying to latch on to one Heir Malfoy who hadn't payed her any attention since they had started walking and he had landed eyes on Walburga.

As they neared the boats Walburga was all but rushed into a boat with Orion, the other occupants being Abraxas who had still not stopped looking at her and Peralt who had beat his sister to sitting down in the last seat of the boat if her annoyed high pitched screeches were anything to pick up on.

Walburga had taken to looking over the boat out onto the Black lake, something that she had read about being named after an ancestor of hers.

Whilst doing this Abraxas was watching her as the water reflected back onto her giving her appearance more highlight making her look absolutely ethereal.

As was Orion before noticing that Abraxas was looking at her as he would, becoming envious he decided to grab Abraxas' attention by talking about how great the House of Black was, discreetly pushing Walburga into the water something that didn't escape the notice of one Tom Marvolo Riddle who jumped in to save her once he noticed her fall.

After all he couldn't let his source of information die now could he.

Orion was fuming when Walburga came out with nothing but a scare, he was angered with her I mean she clearly was trying to catch Abraxas' attention why else would she look so pretty if not for others.

She deserved it. Just to teach her a lesson, after that if her behaviour improved he wouldn't say anything.

She was his after all.

Orion had serious issues.

Abraxas had started fussing over Walburga who didn't know if she should look embarrassed, angry or blush that he had cared so much about her to fuss as he was.

She chose on reassuring Abraxas she was fine.

A few spells later and she was doing fine and dandy.

As they all got out of the boat she had come to the realisation, that this was it.

This was where her life began.

She would be safe here until the holidays when she would be forced to return home.

She couldn't stop the soft tugging at her heart to escape to another house, to become a smart raven, or a brave lion or perhaps a kind badger.

But no, that couldn't be it....right?