{ Enid }

Walburga knew the second she got on that train to Hogwarts that whatever house that blasted hat yelled to the top of its non-existent lungs would decide her future.

She had always known her future was never going to be bright, perhaps that was why it didn't shock her to her core when the hat yelled "Hufflepuff!", even if she had begged for Slytherin.

She wasn't a Hufflepuff.

She wasn't kind like a Hufflepuff was supposed to be nor patient in her unsightly opinion she was nothing good, there was nothing good nor kind about Walburga Irma Black.

Yet here she was surrounded by yellow ties and kind faces, and much to her confusion she felt a warm glow encasing her. As if she was being hugged by a force she couldn't see. Stopping her from having a panic attack that surely would be unsightly for a Black to display such emotion in public, than again a Black being in Hufflepuff itself was unsightly.

She knew everyone was in shock of her placement.

After all, all Blacks belonged in Slytherin. That's how it was always meant to be. She could see from across the hall Orion amongst the immediate glares sent to her from the other Slytherin members because surely a Black not in Slytherin was not only a slight to her family but the House of Slytherin as well. Orion though had stood out, because his face was screwed up into an awful expression. Like he wanted to physically cause Walburga harm. Like it was her fault for being placed in Hufflepuff.

She could've sat their with her yellow and black colours that adorned her uniform and took in their scrutiny. Yet much to her surprise and many others because Walburga Black had always been a push over she turned her head to her house members and observed them.

They were kind she noticed. Their energy and the colours which surrounded them were bright, cheerful and happy.

This could be home. Not like the Black family manors, no more like the family's she saw at the station. The ones that laughed and shared smiles together, and in the face of adversity didn't turn on each other. No they would share their troubles and struggles and face it as one.

Something she had always dreamed of.

A family.

She could have this, a family just for her.

She could love and receive love.

It was now or never.

So Walburga Black had done something that would be forever remembered by the Most Noble and Ancient House of Black.

"Hi, I'm Walburga. What's your name?"

There she had done it.

She had laid the first brick and now it was there turn to see if they wanted to turn her brick into a house.

"I'm Enid! Walburga's to formal I'm gonna call you Bria...if you'd like that is?"

The girl in front of her seemed to jump ahead of herself, and if her face of anxious anticipation seemed to tell Walburga anything she seemed aware of this.

"I've never had a nickname before."

"Oh.." Enid seemed to take this as a sort of rejection, Walburga didn't know how to fix this. She never had a friend before, sure there was Tom but he seemed like he was only listening to her for the sake of having someone to sit with on the train to Hogwarts.

"I mean I wouldn't mind being called Bria...it's better than Walburga at least." Walburga told her with an awkward smile on her face.

It seemed Enid had realised that Walburga was socially awkward and had limited experiences with people let alone little blondes with pink tips and a bubbly personality.

"Great! Me and you are gonna be the best of friends Bria!"

Friends.

Walburga Black had made her first friend.

She had also had her first nickname.

Bria, not Walburga Black or Scion of House Black or even future Lady Black.

No, to Enid she was just Bria.

She would remain Bria for the rest of her days she promised, in respect and tribute for her and Enid's friendship.

Bria was ready to let her past go.

She was ready to leave it all behind.

But was her past ready to leave her behind was the question that followed?

—————
Yeah... so I'm alive. Life gets messy babes idk what to you, also if that one chick that was like can I translate ur story in Spanish yeah u can just give credits and that idrc sorry I still can't respond on messages and comments and all that stuff. I have eight week holidays so imma try and update and stuff.

Who should she end up with?

I have options

- Tom

- Abraxas

- (My personal favourite) Fleamont
( I'm sorry but can you just imagine James and possibly Sirius and regulus growing up happy and healthy together! Also this would be a long burn so more chapters for it ig. )

- Enid
(I'm sorry I love Wednesday and somehow I just zoned out and kept typing and she popped up)

Tell me ur pick and I'll take it into considerations and try to plot the story out, sorry if the chapter was a bit off I'm sick.