Christmas, Kisses & The Mrs.

& it was strange to feel connected to someone who was the polar opposite of her, but Harlene relished at this moment. She felt happy not to be alone on Christmas.

She felt happy to be with Michael.

CHRISTMAS DAY

CHRISTMAS DAY

NINETEEN SEVENTY-EIGHT

Harlene watched Michael peacefully sleep as
she rested on the right side of her body. She couldn't precisely move since Michaels's arms were secured around her frame. Subconsciously preventing her from leaving him. Not that she wanted to anyway. She felt adored.

What woman doesn't want to feel adored?

Placing her manicured hand against the side of Michaels's face, she lightly caressed his skin. He had a handsome face with his broad nose and long eyelashes that would make any girl envious. He had a few blemishes, but nothing could take away from his looks.

"What have I done..." She whispered to herself.

Though she did enjoy herself the previous night with Michael, now that she was entirely sober, the realization of a significant boundary was crossed. Nina would detest Harlene if she ever found out what she did with her son. A wave of disgust lingered throughout Harlene.

She was disgusted with herself.

Disgusted that she enjoyed the little rendezvous.

Was she that desperate? That she had to go and give her body to someone fifteen years younger than her. Not only that but to a man she watched grow into his adulthood. She felt like some pervert or something.

"Michael..." Harlene said softly. She began to nudge him slightly. She repeated herself a few more times until Michael stirred in his slumber and lazily lifted his eyes. "Hmm?" He spoke faintly. She could hear the sleep in his timbre. "Michael, it's Christmas."

A tired smile stretched across his lips. "Merry Christmas, beautiful ."

"Michael, you have to go. Nina is probably worried sick about you." Harlene sighed to herself as she thought about Nina. How could she do something so sick?

Michael rubbed the sleep from his eyes. "She'll be alright, Harlene. Just come back to sleep." He tried to lower her body back to his, but she pushed him away.

"I'm serious, Michael. Go home."

Michael was now fully awake and felt a bit rejected. He watched as Harlene swung her legs against the edge of her bed and covered her naked frame with the linen sheets. Harlene's back was turned towards him.