Oh No! Love, Lust, Disaster

He hated using condoms with Harlene. He wanted to feel her and be as close as he possibly could be.

Michael laid Harlene down against the plush sofa,
and she excitedly watched as he stripped himself bare. He quickly got between her thighs and inserted himself between her parted legs. He hissed from how fucking good she felt; their bodies were connected once again. & life would be created.

NINETEEN SEVENTY-NINE

Harlene was filled with dread every time she had woken up to another Morning without Michael

She missed him terribly and felt indifferent about his absence. He had been gone for two weeks, and at first, Harlene didn't care. She felt as if he was blowing things out of proportion and thought it best things ended between them. She knew this tryst wouldn't
last long anyhow.

But still, Harlene couldn't shake the feeling.

Michael was on her mind when she fell asleep. He
was on her mind when she wasn't asleep. Michael had consumed her psyche so much that Al became a thing of the past, that terrified her. Was this another heartbreak? She ridiculed herself relentlessly for even considering being heartbroken by some twenty-year-old. That couldn't possibly be it. Right ?

After a week passed, Harlene decided to call up the Jackson home to reach out to him but unfortunately, it was Nina who answered. Every time she called, Nina answered, and she had to force herself to engage in hour-long conversations about things she no longer cared about. All she could think about was Michael, and she felt terrible to talk to Nina about nonsense when her son was the one thing on her mind.

Her son was the only reason she called in hopes that
it would be him to pick up, not Nina. God, she felt like a terrible friend. She knew she would rot in hell for her immoral behavior, but she couldn't help herself.

She had feelings for Michael, intense feelings.

Tears escaped the corners of Harlene's eyes as
she took big gulps of Chardonnay from the bottle. Borderline drunk, Harlene had the bright idea to call the Jackson's home late in the night, taking a chance that Michael would finally answer. Fortunately, he did.

The sound of his voice made her want to throw up.

She felt nervous to the point of her palms being sweaty. "Hello?" Michael called out again. Just as he was about to hang up, Nina gathered the courage to speak. "Michael...it's Me." The line went silent for a few moments, which stressed Harlene to death.

"Michael...say something, please."

"What the fuck do you want?" He spoke coldly.