Chapter 17

Chapter 17

"Come on Alice," Rosie groaned. "Just tell me which you think looks nicer: the green or the red?"

"You know, I really don't understand why you just can't wear the blue dress." Alice replied, shaking her head at the two outfit options in Rosie's hands. "Blue is such a better color on you. It really brings out your eyes."

For the first time since high school, Rosie had found herself stressing out over what to wear to a party. Of course, her suitcase contained very limited clothing selection and every outfit that popped to mind all happened to still be in her closet in Seoul. Why did she waste so much valued packing space in her luggage on cardigans? Now she paid the price as she desperately tried to smooth out the wrinkled clothing with her flat iron and a prayer. She definitely needed to invest in one of those garment bags if she ever were to go out on assignment again.

"Well, it's a Christmas Eve party," Rosie sighed as she flopped down in her chair in front of the camera with her red headed sister pondering the choices. "I kind of have to wear red or green to stay on theme."

"I feel like blue could be a Christmas color if you wanted," Alice argued as she tilted her head to the side. "I mean, isn't the song a Blue Christmas?"

Rosie rolled her eyes. "Yeah, and that's about a man who misses his lover."

"Well, then it's a statement piece then."

"Come one, Alice," Rosie groaned. "Please just tell me: red dress or green pant suit?"

"Hmmm," Alice pursed her lips. "Probably best to go with the green pant suit. You know, you gotta make it clear to your crush that you're queer after all."

"Oh my god, Alice, no," Rosie gasped, dropping the two outfit options on the floor to bury her face in her hands. "You can't say those things to me."

"And why not?" Alice demanded shifting forward, closer to the camera. "You have a crush on the girl. Make it known to her. Pursue her for Christ's sake."

"It's not that simple."

"And why not?"

"Because..." Rosie hesisted. There was only so much she could say before completely outing who just her crush was and what country she happened to rule. "She's under certain obligations."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Alice asked before her eyes widening and her mouth became an O. "Oh, no. She's not out yet, is she?"

A flash of heat flooded Rosie's cheeks as she ducked her head down and rubbed the back of her neck. While everyone close to Jennie all seemed very certain about Jennie's sexual preference, no one else seemed aware besides the tabloids. From what Rosie had heard, it was mostly the work of Jennie's mother who had fabriced that story and force fed it to the press. Now, with Jennie on the very short path to the throne, she didn't have nearly as much of a say as others.

"It's, uh, complicated," Rosie finally said.

"Oh my god, Rosie, bail now," Alice urged her, her face leaning ever closer to the screen. "Trust me, this isn't going to end well especially with the country apart from you all. Just shove those feelings down right now and wait for them to pop up with some else. Someone who is preferably out already and accepting of who they are."

"You say that like it's simple." Rosie snorted, running her finger through her hair.

"I never said it was, but trust me Rosie, dating girls who aren't accepting of who they are can be very draining especially on the relationship. There will always come a time when they have to pick between you and their fake life that they've worked so hard to build, and they will always pick that fake life over you and everything that the two of you built together."