Chapter 5

Rei sighed as she sat in her class, listening to the teacher. She was in her history class, Raf was a few desks from her. He glanced at her now and again.

Rei had history with Raf, math with Jack and Raf. Art with Miko and English with all three of them. Rei frowned as the lecture continued on slowly, she looked over to the clock and sighed again.

When the bell rang everyone jumped up and packed their stuff up. Rei kept all her to do stuff in her backpack. So she'd always be prepared. And she had recently added water and juice, and snacks for on the ship.

Rei saw Raf watching her, she looked away and quickly left the classroom. Raf finished packing up and left. He watched her rush out the doors and when he went through the doors, Rei was frozen.

Rei was staring at Jack who stared back at her. She held her phone in her hand about ready to call Knockout but thought better of it. She just frowned and furrowed her eyebrows at him and ran down the sidewalk.

"Rei!" He called after her.

"Come on Jack, just give her time" Arcee said quietly.

"She's had time though...three weeks...why won't she talk to us anymore?" Jack asked.

"Who knows, maybe she's just going through some faze or something" Miko said.

(Town)

Rei sat at the park, munching on some baby carrots she packed. A honk got her attention as well as others. She looked to see Knockout who just arrived. She packed up her snack and ran towards him.

"And how was your day Rei?" Knockout asked.

"Boring...and Jack wouldn't stop staring at me" Rei said as she buckled up.

"I see...so what do you wish to do?" Knockout asked as he left the park.

"Anything I don't care" Rei frowned as she slumped in her seat.

"Alright...I know how about we go to a race? Do you like races?" Knockout asked.

"Wouldn't know, never been to any" Rei said.

"Are you serious?!" He asked.

"Grandma never let me do much of anything in terms of fun...it was always study study study" Rei said.

"That's boring, not that studying isn't important. But so is having fun" he said.

"Tell her that" Rei mumbled.

"Pft well tell you what, we will go to the race tonight. You will have a blast, then I'll take you home ok?" He asked.

"Sounds like a date" Rei smiled.

Rei looked out the window, happy she'd get to do something fun. She'd always wanted to go to a race, but her grandma never let her.

(Nemesis)

Rei jumped when she heard Starscream yell in the hall. And then the sounds of crashing metal was heard. Rei looked over to Knockout who groaned.

"Not again" he whined.

"I'll go see what's happening" Breakdown said.

"Thank you" Knockout waved.

"Do I wanna know?" Rei asked.

"Just Starscream likely punishing the Vehicons again or they ran into him." Knockout said.

"Oh...happen often?" She asked.

"Sometimes" Knockout said with a smile.

(Time skip to race)

Rei sat in Knockouts drivers seat, she had some spare clothes on the nemesis in case she decided to stay there. She had changed so she could fit in with the crowd.

Knockout had smiled at her outfit, she had on a black top with matching black wrist bands, and a black skirt. She also had black leathered boots on with grey knee high socks.

As she sat there listening to others around the place she put her hair up in a ponytail. Some cars started to line up, Knockout followed suit. Stopping beside a black car Rei knew.

"Vince?! Oooh he can't see me, he'll blab I was here" Rei whined.

"Relax doll, my windows are tinted. He won't see you unless you put them down" Knockout softly said.

"Alright then...and you'll be doing the driving right?" She asked.

"Of course, you just sit back and enjoy the ride" he said as he revved his engine.

A person walked to stand ahead of everyone waiting to race, the girl raised her arms up signaling them to get ready. Then she swung them down and the cars took off with a roar. Knockout easily took the lead, making the others work to catch up.

Rei looked in the mirror to see them slowly fading away. She knew even with all the tricks racers used, they'd never catch up to Knockout. She smiled as Knockout drove smoothly reaching his turn point he slammed on the breaks and turned. Quickly hitting the gas again he made his way back.

They passed the others Rei laughed as she knew no one could possibly catch up to him. But then there was two. A black and yellow car and a white and blue one. Knockout groaned as he tried to make himself look somewhat like a regular car.

"Knockout, who are they?" Rei asked.

"Those are two of the autobots, Bumblebee and Smokescreen" he said.

"Oh...I wasn't ready to see any of them aside from at school" Rei said.

"Just stay inside, finish line is up ahead" knockout said.

Knockout slammed on his breaks as he reached the girl. Both bots stopped as well, the other cars all pulled up and rolled to a stop. The girl who started the race walked up to Knockout and tapped on the window.

"Congratulations racer, you've earned the entry fee money" she said.

Knockout rolled the window down a bit so Rei could take her prize. The girl waved as Knockout pulled away to leave. Rei was in awe at the money in her hands. She was thankful she had enough to race.

"Do you do these types often?" She asked.

"No I usually hit the free races, but no harm in earning you some money" he said with a smile in his voice.

"Hehe if mother knew I entered a gamble race she'd ground me to the next millennia" Rei joked.

"I thought humans didn't live that long" knockout said.

"Oh we don't, it's just a saying. Humans would be lucky to go passed a hundred" Rei said.

"So you can live to your hundreds then?" He asked.

"Sometimes...if your lucky" Rei said.

Knockout got a ground bridge back to the ship. Holding Rei in his hand once he transformed, he made his way to his room. Rei saw the blue one fast asleep on his metal bed. Snoring very loudly.

"Tch, snoring again...gotta check that out at some point" Knockout said as he sat Rei down on the bed he stole for her.

Rei watched him stretch before sitting on his bed, she smiled as she laid down, facing the medic who was now on his back with his optics closed.

"Good night guys" she smiled.

"Night Rei" knockout said softly.