Chapter 3: The Battle of Wings & Wind Pt. 1

Days have gone by in the butterfly mansion and (Y/n) was currently walking at a careful but normal pace. Better than his previous walking exercises that he had done. Painful but better than laying in bed all day. Even more so, Kanae would always show up at the end with her warm smile and her rewarding meals. Which was definitely something to look forward to after walking so much. Just seeing her in general would make the demon slayer all full of warmth and fuzzies! "Hmm, I wonder what meal she'll be making today. Perhaps something with some meat and those tasty dim sum's. Oh man, those are the absolute bombs!" (Y/n) shouted, "can't wait to try them out again." Without even noticing where he was, (Y/n) suddenly stumbled upon a large battlefield that sat right outside from another section of the mansion. Of course, he wasn't allowed to be in places such as these, but with food covering every inch of his thoughts, the slayer appeared here anyways.

"Woah! This...this is actually amazing!!!" He says in awe, "I didn't even know the mansion would have something like this! Well...maybe for those training regimes of course but I wonder if Hashira's trained here too. Hmm...maybe I should...take a quick look. Quick looks won't hurt..." Taking one step onto the stone battlefield, he already notices so much dried up blood from previous battles, repeated sword slashes & foot step marks, leaving a never ending scar on it. Thought of it gave him a slight shudder.

"Talk about intense training. I wonder if this is what I'll be doing after my full recovery" he wonders, however, another thought came into mind, "Hmm...maybe it could or couldn't be for recovered demon slayers. Seems too extreme for such things. Could it be that...hashira's battle here???"

"Could it be hashira's battle here he says. Talk about a slow realization..."

(Y/n) quickly turns around only to find one of the wind hashira's standing by the sliding doors and closing them. "Sanemi. Then it's true. Hashira's do fight here."

"Of course. What else did you think this battle field was here for? Admiring it? Just watch others fighting from the front lines while slayers like you stay behind like cowards!"

"W-what?!?!" He suddenly taken aback by his words, confused on where that came from, "Sanemi....what are you talking about???"

He delivered him one of his deadly stares before pulling out another nichirin blade, tossing it over to (Y/n).

"We practice day and night. Put in our sweat and blood so we can exterminate every. Single. Demon!!!"

With every word being told, he took each step after step toward (Y/n) as he slowly started to unsheathe his blade. "Out there...in the middle of no where...hurt....bleeding. We survive it!!!! We bulk through it while demon slayers such as yourself have to be babied!!!!"

"W-what....what is the meaning of this? What are you trying to do???"

"To show you...." Sanemi completely takes out his blade, raising it and pointing it towards (Y/n), "what we Hashira's...HAVE TO GO THROUGH!!!!"

Sanemi didn't even hesitate and just goes straight in, running towards (Y/n) with full speed. In a quick reaction, he manages to take out the nichirin blade with a swift block of his ramming attack.

"W-what's with you!!!! I can't- I can't fight right now!!!!!"

"Yes you can, bastard!!!!! Everyone can still put up a fight even if their at the brink of death!!!!"

Sanemi pushes the other back until he kicks him on the side, knocking him on the floor and inflicting some pain. (Y/n) tries to hold it in with a groan.

"Get up!!!! GET UP!!! You'll never survive out there if you don't get up!!!!"

"F-fine..." he replies, not even holding his side as he uses the blade to hoist himself up until he spoke in his mind, 'I don't know what brought him to do this...but he also won't listen to me. Al I can do is fight back. Even if it means I have to regain some injuries again...hopefully...he'll listen soon!' The blade was held up in a fighting stance, ready to face the wind hashira.

"Finally. Then let's not hesitate any further..."

The two began to fight, blade to blade. Slashing and blocking. (Y/n) held up his own, but was waiting until he finally saw an opening, bringing to the side of Sanemi's leg. Though it was just a slight graze. Sanemi quickly returned the attack by slashing his arm, delivering a large gash. (Y/n) groaned but completely ignored it. He returned the attack with a downward strike but was instantly blocked by the other followed by a fist to the throat and multiple slashes placed upon his back.

"GAAAH- Shit!!!!"

"Demons will be attacking!"

Rage filled him as he continued to slash (Y/n), not even letting the slayer attempt to get up.

"They won't give you any chances to attack!!!"

His back was starting to bleed.

"No hesitation whatsoever!!!!!"

Dripping blood below as it painted the floor red.

"You'll end up dead like the rest of the pathetic lowly demon slayers such as yourself!!!!!"

Before his back could endure any more pain, (Y/n) used enough force to kick one of Sanemi's legs, making the wind hashira lose balance before slashing his chest. He was taken aback by the surprise attack, pressing his hand against his chest and pulled it away until he saw blood cover his palm. "I know....that I'll be attacked" (Y/n) says as he tries to get up, "demons will attempt to kill me...no matter what. You think that...I joined the corps for...entertainment??? No!!! It was prevent any more deaths. To remove this plague permanently. And if I...have to sacrifice myself because of it...then so be it..."

"......damn you...."

"W-what???"

"You don't understand. You won't understand!!!!" Sanemi rage has increased to a full maximum. Glaring at (Y/n) with a lethal expression. It was now at its peak. He inhaled a steady breath before raising his sword in a wind form stance, "Second form!!!"

"Oh- oh no..." (Y/n) held up his blade in a defensive position.

"CLAWS, PURIFYING WIND!!!!!" Sanemi lifts the sword upwards towards the right above their head and unleashes four vertical claw like slashes at once, sending them all towards (Y/n).

"N-no!!! Sanemi!!!!!" (Y/n) called out in fear. A wave of blue and purple butterflies appear out of nowhere, "Second form: Honorable shadow plum!!!!" It releases a series of rotating sword slashes that instantly deflected the large claw like attack, causing a puff of exploding smoke to arise. (Y/n)'s eyes were closed for a mere moment until he opened them back up again, shocked at who he saw standing before him...

"N-no way....Kanae?!?!?!?"

To Be Continued...