Blood does not a Family make

"You're so annoying" Pru said frustrated walking into the Attending lounge

"I'm annoying. Ah dios mio" Andrea says back raising his voice following her "dude, you were practically falling all over that idiota"

"You can't keep doing this, Andrea"

He rolls his eyes and runs his hands through his hair and puts his backpack on the ground.

"Non alzare gli occhi al cielo su di me" she says (don't roll your eyes at me)

"Non dovrei se tu me ascolti" he spits (I wouldn't have to if you would just listen to me)

They both grew up together. They are firehouse kids. Tuck and Joey were already 18 when Pru first came to live with them after her dad died in an explosion. Even with the age gap, her brothers doted on her and treated her like her princess. She had her brothers wrapped around her finger. Even now at 16, she still knew how to always get her brothers to do whatever she wanted. They were extremely protective of her and as much as she hated it, she knew that they would do anything for her.

Dean's parents fought to keep her with them. She was their grand daughter and their only link to their son. When Dean died, he was still working on mending their relationship, but he raised Pru on his own with the help of 19. They were the family that chose him and they were the family he wanted her to grow up with. They depended on each other, they trusted each other and they never left anyone behind. That is why he wanted Miranda and Ben to raise his daughter if anything ever happened to him. He had filed documentation for Miranda and Ben to become Pru's guardians soon after Maya and Carina got married. Her grandparents had fought to keep her, but in the end, they soon came to an agreement that Ben and Miranda could raise her and she could see her grandparents whenever they wanted to see her.

Everything Dean had was left to Pru. Miranda and Ben didn't want to sell the houseboat. They wanted Pru to decide what she wanted to do with it. Joey and Tuck lived their during college, the brothers deciding to stay in Seattle before Tuck moved New York and Joey moved to California. The brothers worked with 19 during their time in time in College helping them with Crisis One, wanting to keep Dean's legacy going not only for their sister but also to help people. Whenever her brothers were in Seattle they would still work with the team when they had Crisis One calls. Progress had been slow in the beginning, but now they had most of Seattle Fire Stations were trained to respond to Crisis One calls.

Joey was working with a Fire Station close to St. Ambrose that had implemented the Crisis One program from their station. He met Henry at St. Ambrose, who was still an intern and he immediately volunteered to help Joey expand the program.

Tuck was in New York working as an Attorney for Human Rights First. Maya helped connect him with the Captains of various stations and eventually he found a station just like 19 that was determined to do more, do better and protect their family. He found his own Herrera, Montgomery, Hughes, Gibson and Deluca-Bishop.

Andrea was born two years after Pru and they were firehouse babies. If they weren't at the Firehouse then they were in daycare together. Carina doted on Pru when she was younger, teaching the young girl Italian and by the time Andrea was born, she was already telling everyone that he was her fatellino (correct word is fratellino which is baby brother).

"Sei peggio dei miei fratelli" she says and he knows she's angry just from her tone. Something she definitely got from her mom (you're worse than my brothers).

"Sono tuo fratello" he responds, his mama's Italian temper bubbling to the surface (I am your brother).

The lounge door is pushed open, Miranda and Carina staring at their kids. "This is a hospital, not some reality tv show. You can't be shouting at each where everyone can hear you and I don't need my doctors paging me 911 for you two going at each other" Miranda reprimands both of them "now. What happened"

Pru sighs "Non avresti dovuto lasciare gli facessero da babysitter" she says clearly frustrated.

Carina chuckles and covers her mouth with her hand while Miranda gives her the Bailey stare.

"Pru, English please"

"You shouldn't have let Joey and Tuck babysit him" she rolls her eyes

"Hey, don't roll your eyes at me" Miranda says and Pru immediately straightens her posture.

"Bambina, start at the beginning. What did Andrea do that upset you"

"James was going to ask me out and then Andrea came an interrupted us while we were talking. Every time he tries talking to me, Andrea interrupts or does something stupid. Last time, during soccer practice, he kicked the ball straight at James, the ball just missed his face" Pru complains

"That guy is an idiot" Andrea says before anyone else can say something "he is so full of himself and thinks he is so cool just because he is the quarterback. Give me a break"

"You see what I mean. This is all Joey and Tuck"

"You can like whoever you want, that's not my business. You are my sister and you deserve to be treated with respect. He sees you every morning when we get to school, but he can't come to the door and open it for you because I open your door. I've seen your dad do it for your mom all the time, mom does it for mama all the time and I do it for Nora. You only have to watch your dad to know how any guy should treat always treat you"

She sighs and throws her arms around him "I'm sorry Andrea. I know you're only looking out for me. You are my brother. You're annoying and we may fight, but Nora and I are the luckiest girls in the world because we have such amazing brothers. Just don't teach Lucas any of this or Isabella is going to be so mad at him" she laughs knowing that everyone now dotes on Nora and Isabella just like they did with her and Andrea.

Miranda and Carina watches in silence as the two of them talk through their disagreement "this has Benjamin Warren written all over it. No one can touch his princess" Miranda whispers to Carina "definitely, but I know that Maya has something to do with this. I heard her talking to him just before he started school. She told him to always watch her back and something about 19's kids always stick together"

They watch as the kids are laughing and working on their homework. They're old enough to be at home on their own but they still chose to be at the hospital or the firehouse after school. They're always together. "I really couldn't have asked for a better family. They fight like family, they protect each other like family and they love like family should. Ben was right all those years ago, blood does not a family make"