Part V: The Fight

Chief Danvers is reviewing the information her team has gathered so far. The phone rings breaking her concentration "Commissioner Danvers" she says into the handset.

"Commissioner, I have a Colin Morgan for you. He doesn't have an appointment, but"

"Let him in."

A knock on her door let's her know Maya's Attorney is waiting. She doesn't know what he wants but she's ready for anything. She gets up to answer the door.

"Mr. Morgan, how can I help you" she asks without any emotion on her face. She shows him into her office and to her desk so he can sit.

"Commissioner Danvers, a pleasure to meet you. I'm going to get straight to it" he says sitting down opposite her and taking out his files.

"I was at Station 19 a few days ago and I'm assuming that Chief Frankel informed you of my visit"

"Yes. She did"

"Perfect. I am representing Lieutenent Bishop in this matter. She has made it clear, that she only wants an investigation and hearing into the incident that led to her demotion. She loves her job and she loves SFD. She should sue because she wasn't afforded something that is her right and she became the poster child for what happens when you disobey the fire department"

"I agree"

He looks at her, his face clearly showing the shock by that simple statement.

"Mr. Morgan, I am aware of Lieutenent Bishop's record. I've seen her record. I've read her reports. While this mess is not what this City needs, I also am not going to just follow recommendations from Chiefs in this City because it works in their favor. This is not why I was asked to oversee this matter"

"Has Sullivan, Beckett, McAllister and Chief Ross been called in to give an account of their actions"

"They have"

"I'm not going to ask for their statements, but I would like this matter resolved as quickly as possible." he gets up from his seat.

"I look forward to seeing you at the hearing Commissioner" he shakes her hand and leaves her office