eight. toshila

EIGHT. TOSHILA

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

toshila woke up and immediately chose violence.

just kidding, its five minutes past one in the afternoon on a saturday and she just finished her training regimen. she was gulping down her energy drink when she decided to text a certain someone. she pulled out her phone from her duffle bag and opened the messages app. there were surprisingly no messages from oikawa yet. usually by 1 in the afternoon, he'd at least send her a rant or two. she figures that oikawa still hasn't wrapped his head around the fact that she was a real human and still thinks she's some rant hotline-slash-chatbot despite having their phone call that helped prove her existence the other day.

mir-chan

hey so

i heard kissing is the
so called 'language
of love'

would u like to have a
conversation with me
sometime?

oikawa

its way too early in the

morning for this

mir-chan
it's 1 pm, tf u on

oikawa

exactly, too early

also, its saturday so
i can sleep in y'know

mir-chan
i thought athletes
r supposed to be
early-risers

oikawa

only some

mir-chan
u see this is why
u'll never win
against shiratorizawa

i heard ushiwaka wakes up
at five and runs through
wakano ten times

man's dedicated

oikawa

oh u did not just
make an analogy
using ushiwaka!!

mir-chan
ahaha oya i just did

oikawa

hmpf

for that, the great

king tooru oikawa

shall block u now

mir-chan
no u wont

oikawa

yes i will

mir-chan
do it u wont

oikawa has blocked mir-chan

"is he for fuckin' real?" toshila cursed underneath her breath, earning glances from the shiratorizawa basketball team.

"nothing to see here." she blinked stoically at them, before all the members flinched away at the glare of their first year captain.

"toshilakaaa~!" the enthusiastic voice of satori tendo barged into the basketball gym.

she looked at him lazily, "what?"

"we're here to take you home~" the middle blocker sing-songed, pointing at semi who was behind him. he swung an arm around her shoulder and looked at the team. "we'll be taking your captain, 'kay?"

they all stiffly nodded and then looked at their captain who looked so done with her life.

"i told nii-chan to quit it." she shrugged tendo's shoulder's off as they walked out the basketball gym.

ever since her episode, ushiwaka had been extremely overprotective. he asked semi, tendo, or reon to pick her up from practice an hour early and escort her back to her high school home, her dorm room, to prevent her from overworking herself.

semi sighed, looking over at the girl with worry etched onto his features. "we can't risk another episode of yours coming, toshila."

she clicked her tongue and looked away, "whatever."

tendo noticed the drop in the mood and decided to strike up a conversation.

"hey how are things going with oikawa?"

semi shot him a look before looking away abruptly. the shiratorizawa volleyball team's third years that were all close with toshila were worried of what would come out of this little stunt she was pulling. they couldn't help but think about the repercussions, whilst the female mastermind was just out here scheming.

"he blocked me.." she pouted, slipping her phone into her duffle bag that tendo was carrying.

the middle blocker blinked at her and then pulled out his phone from his back pocket. he handed it to the girl.

"here." he grinned. "knock yourself out."

toshila blinked before a smile made its way onto her face. she typed in the passcode to the red-head's phone and opened the dialer. she took out her own phone from the duffle bag and copied oikawa's number.

she dialed the number and waited for it to ring.

tendo and semi looked at her, one in amusement and one in mild worry as she waited for oikawa to answer. they were still walking, basking in the crisp autumn air when the call finally connected.

"hello?" the setter of seijoh asked into the phone.

"what's not going to nationals?"

"..."

"you." she cackled, hearing the phone call drop as soon as she said that. she looked at the contact and the notification said that the number had blocked tendo's phone.

"our lil' sadist." tendo gave her a nuggie as they entered the dorm building.

semi sighed in exasperation, "i don't know if oikawa's high key a masochist cos' he keeps letting you walk all over him like this."

she shrugged, "don't worry, he knows i'm just kidding.."

she entered her room along with the two other boys and plopped on her bed, watching oikawa's chat thread on her phone as he unblocks her.

oikawa
u know u can go to
jail for bullying me
so much

she grinned, typing in another sarcastic reply to send to the seijoh setter, "..probably."

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━