nine. oikawa

NINE. OIKAWA

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

oikawa laced up his shoelaces and got up, slinging his sports duffle bag over his right shoulder and locking their home shut.

he went down the front porch steps of his home and started walking on the cemented pavements, his eyes staring ahead as he did so. it was two o'clock on a sunday afternoon. the seijoh team was having a practice match against a tokyo high school which their coach has organized. he wasn't really sure what the school's name was, but they were apparently a big deal.

a few minutes later, the setter found himself entering the double doors of the aoba johsai gym. looking up, he saw a flash of black, yellow, and white.

his eyes skimmed over the unfamiliar group of people and he deciphered that they were the team his team was going against today.

"oikawa!" he heard someone call out to him.

he looked to his left and saw hanamaki making his way towards him.

"hey, i didn't know they'd be here this early.." the captain trailed off, looking over the group on the right side of the gym.

"oh, fukurodani's been here since noon. apparently, their captain miscalculated the travel time by bullet train- they got here in three hours instead of the normal five to six hours." the salmon haired wingspiker shrugged.

"enough about that, though. something's waiting for you in the locker rooms."

oikawa blinked at his friend who was dragging him away, "wha-?"

"hey, hey, hey! oikawa, right?"

the two were suddenly halted by an unfamiliar voice.

makki looked behind him and blinked. it was the captain of the other team who was talking to him earlier when he first arrived.

"huh?" oikawa turned around and was faced with an owl-eyed white and dark gray haired male who was about his height.

the guy with the number four jersey grinned as he crossed his strong arms over his chest. "took you long enough."

oikawa's brows furrowed, "uh, do i know you?"

the boy blinked at him, unfazed as he offered him a hand to shake. "captain of fukurodani, kōtaro bokuto!"

realization dawned upon oikawa, "oh, right. sorry about that."

he shook bokuto's outstretched hand, "toorū oikawa."

the ace grinned. "if you don't mind, can you and your team warm up? i'm kinda pumped to get this practice match started!"

the setter blinked at the ace's enthusiasm but nodded, nonetheless. "oh, yeah.. sure."