Chapter 13

Uhh... time to clear up the plot tangle I've created!

And I've practically given up on the chapter order I did before. 

He was a murderer. 

It was all he knew about himself at this point. 

He didn't know who he was.

He didn't know why Viscous kept taking over.

He didn't know what the other hermits thought of him.

All he knew was that he'd killed Joe, and TFC had watched him do it. 

The others had met up. TFC would've told everyone, and now they would all know how dangerous he was. He would kill himself... if Viscous would let him. His alter-ego took over regularly at this point. Jevin didn't know when he would. All he had were the slimes. 

'Yeah, yeah... I know...' He sighed as one of them snuggled up next to him. 'It wasn't me that killed him, it was viscous. But what if I go outside and kill someone else? What then?' 

A sad blooping sound followed. Jevin tried to laugh.

'Yes, you're adorable. Yes, I love every single one of you. But... I can't live like this. And I can't die and...'

'Jeee-vin...' whispered a voice spookily. 

Cleo.

Crap.

Crap. 

Crap. 

Crap.

'Uhh...' He tried to reply. 'Hello?'

'You killed my friend, Jevin.' 

'I know! I am very aware of that! I'm very sorry for that!'

'Would you like to apologise?'

'I'm sorry! I'm sorry for killing Joe!' 

'Oh, no. You misunderstand.' Cleo jumped down into the base. 'Would you like to apologise to Joe?' She drew a sword. Jevin got to his feet, freaking out. She was going to kill him. Viscous was going to take over, and then he would kill her... Jevin could feel his presence, coming closer, interested, ready to kill. He drew a sword unwillingly. 

'You don't understand. I didn't want to kill him.'

'Oh, but you still did, Jevin. And now I need to get my revenge.'

'Do you?'

'Yes, I do.' She swung her sword threateningly. 'You're going to die, Jevin.'

'Please, Cleo, just get away. Before he kills you too.' Jevin began to back away. Viscous was coming closer, forcing his way into control. The slime glanced down to see black seeping across his hands.

'I'm not going to let you kill anyone else. You're going to die here. I'm going to kill you, and then Joe will be avenged.'

'Cleo, stop this.' Another step back. Jevin looked pleadingly over at Cleo. 'Please, I can't stop him. Just get away from me and...'

Blackness, and Viscous took control. Charged at Cleo without hesitation, sword swinging, striking her directly in the chest. Blood poured. The zombie looked between the wound and Viscous, snarling at her. 

'Get out.'

'Yeah, I like that idea now.'

'GET OUT!'

Viscous attacked again. Cleo screamed, and tried to fly away. The slime grabbed her by the back of her elytra, holding her back. 

'HELP!' She howled, hoping someone was nearby. Viscous threw her to the ground. 'SOMEONE HELP!'

A shadow overhead, spiralling, getting closer. Viscous aimed a killing blow. Someone landed behind. 

'Jevin, stop this.' 

Cub. Viscous turned to him. Cleo scrambled away, covered in blood, finding some fireworks, ready to fly off.

'You can't fight him.' The zombie warned. 

'Jevin, listen to me. I know you're in there. You can fight him. Trust me.'

'I'M NOT JEVIN!' Viscous charged again. Cub dived out of the way just in time. Viscous quickly regained balance and attacked. The pharaoh blocked with his shield, before pulling out a bow and firing a couple of arrows. They stuck, but didn't seem to cause any damage. Viscous pulled the out. Cub backed away as he approached again, momentarily out of options. Cleo was still watching, clearly nervous.

'Don't do anything stupid...'

'When have I ever done anything stupid?!'

'Do you actually want me to answer that or not?' 

'Uhh... in fact, maybe don't?' 

'Ok. You know what you're doing right?' 

'Nope!' Cub flew off the ground after another close call with Viscous's sword, which he's just drawn. He glided above, firing arrows, before landing next to Cleo. 'In fact, new plan... run.' 

Cub took off again, and Cleo followed close behind. Viscous turned, seeing them, and charged over to where they were standing moments before, just missing them and stopping, watching with an animalistic fury as the two flew away, safe again. 

It was only when they'd crossed the server and reached Cub's pyramid when they stopped flying. Cub dived down, circling and landing on the balcony entrance. Cleo landed just behind, slightly nervous, and the two entered. 

'Nice place.' She complimented mildly. Cub smiled. 

'Thanks.'

'I mean... how you even have enough supplies for a place like this is amazing...' Cleo continued looking around at everything. 

'Mostly, I don't. Takes a lot of grinding to get anything done around here.' 

'I imagine so...' The two reached the main storage area of the base and glided down into it. Cleo landed just behind Cub, looking down as he turned to face her. 

'I'm sorry for wanting to attack Jevin...' she apologised before he could say anything. 

'You're very lucky you're alive right now.' Cub replied seriously, more observant than angry. 'Viscous is... pretty dangerous if you ask me.'

'I wanted to avenge Joe's death...'

'I know. I don't think straight-up murder is going to work.' 

'No one explained that he could turn into an evil slime monster!' Cleo tried to justify. 'I just thought Jevin killed him for no reason.'

'Really?'

'No... I just like finding people to blame.'

'I can tell... Cub frowned looking off into the distance. Cleo noticed.

'Something wrong?'

'TFC should've been there. When Joe died. He was with the two of them when me, Scar and Grian left... I don't know why he didn't mention it.'

'Maybe he was scared. Or too used to hiding things.' Cleo suggested back. Cub sighed.

'I need to talk to him about it at some point. For now, we should sort out getting Xisuma and Scar back safe. I don't like the idea of these evil hermits keeping them captive...' 

'Neither... when should we meet up to discuss it?'

'Soon? I don't know. But we need to sort it out. And quickly. Before anyone else ends up dead.'

I should be on hiatus right now to revise...

Never mind!