one

"Lee Heeseung."

A voice came out of nowhere as darkness dominated inside a giant mansion. The said male let out a scream.

Brightness then filled inside the room. A teenage boy was standing near the staircase, his hands clutching his chest as his heart beat faster because of shock.

His parents were sitting on the fancy couch in the grand living room, giving him stern looks with their arms crossed on their chest.

"Come and sit with us."

Following his mother's orders, he walked to them and sat across them, slumping in his seat.

"Sit up straightly."

Heeseung grunted in response and rolled his eyes as he did as what his father told.

His parents were already used to this behaviour. This must be the result for spoiling their only child in his entire life. But that needs to come to an end. Now they need to do their job as responsible parents.

"Where have you been?" Heeseung's father asked patiently.

"Why do you care?" Heeseung snapped back.

"Because," His father's voice began to rise but he stopped when his wife placed her hand on his knee, a signal for him to calm down.

"Because we're your parents. Of course we care."

Heeseung snorted and held back his laughter. His father was about to tell him off before his mother cut him off.

"Now answer our question, Lee Heeseung."

'Ugh, this is a waste of my time.'

"I went studying with Jungwon at the library." Heeseung lied.

"Until 1 in the morning?"

"Well you know how Jungwon is, he cares too much about school and studying that he always forget the time. So as a true and loyal friend, I stayed with him until he was done. I was studying too, of course. Because I was at a library and it's a place for studying and all."

Mrs Lee, raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? You went studying with Jungwon at a library?"

Heeseung nodded. "You literally repeated what I just said, mom."

"Funny thing is, I called Jungwon today if you really went studying with him at the library. He said he's studying alone and you're not with him. Instead, you decided to go to a party."

'Yang Jungwon, you traitor.'

Heeseung kept quiet. There's no point of lying to his parents when they already knew the truth. Plus, he was really tired and he wanted to settle this quickly so he can go to bed.

Mr Lee sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose. "Heeseung, listen here; we've been receiving calls from your teachers that you were skipping classes, failing almost every single classes and being rude to teachers. You were never like this before. What has happened to you? We gave you everything you've wanted and all we want in return is you getting good grades and graduate high school with a good reputation and take over our company soon. What is it that you want? WHAT?!"