two

The sun began to set, indicate that it's almost nighttime. Heeseung was sitting on the window seat while looking at the sky.

Oh, he was on the phone with Yang Jungwon.

"I can't believe you sold me out!" Heeseung cried.

"Pfftt, sold you out? I only did the right thing. And I can't lie to your parents."

"But you're my best friend. You could've used another excuse like going on a walk at the park. I can't believe you betrayed me~" Heeseung whined.

Jungwon sighed from the other line.

"I'm not betraying you, hyung. I'm looking out for you. You've been behaving recklessly lately, who'd have known what kind of trouble you get yourself into if no one is there to look out for you."

Heeseung scoffed. "Speaking of that, you don't have to worry about me anymore."

Before Jungwon could speak, Heeseung continued. "Thanks to you, my parents hired me a bodyguard to look out for me for practically the rest of my whole life."

If you think Heeseung is fine with this, then you're absolutely wrong. He threw a hissy fit in front of his parents when they told him this. In the end, he could only shut up and accept the reality since his parents won't budge at all.

"That's great! I won't get a headache anymore from dealing with your exasperating ass."

Heeseung groaned and flopped onto his bed. "Really, Jungwon? Do my parents think I'm a child? I'm sure this is their way of saying they hired a babysitter for me. I can't stand this anymore, I feel like running away from home."

From across the line, Jungwon laughed.

"You? Running away from home? I hate to break this to you but you are NOT runaway material. You can't survive without your air-conditioned room and hot shower, not to mention your army of plushies."

Heeseung gritted his teeth as he stood up. "Oh yea? I'll prove you wrong. I'm packing my stuff right now to run away, just watch me. And do not mention about my plushies!"

Their conversation was interrupted because one of the maids that works for the Lee's knocked on Heeseung's bedroom.

"What is it?" Heeseung shouted, sounding annoyed.

"You are needed in the living room. Your parents need you to come down immediately."

"Ugh, tell them I'll be there in a few minutes." He could hear the maid's footsteps fading away.

"Wonie, I'll text you later. My parents are calling me."

"Sure, please update m-"

Heeseung ended the call and immediately rushed downstairs. He is curious about what could be so important right now.

He slammed the door open (it's one of his bad habits) and saw his parents sitting on the couch. Sitting across them is what look like a teenage boy, the same age as him maybe. And he looked nervous as hell.

"Who the fuck is that?"

"Language, Heeseung. Now come sit here with us." His mother pat on the spot between her and his father.