His 2nd Servant

"Talk"

'Thought'
___________
"Hmph, Vale isn't as highly advanced as my home, but I can survive and maybe even appreciate the simple life."

In the center of the city of Vale, a young woman in a white dress, which looked expensive, had her white hair put up in a ponytail, and, what stood out the most, she had a scar over her eye; this unique person was known as Weiss Schnee, and she was currently admiring the city she was in, nodding and smiling in approval. After a moment or two of appreciating the beauty of where she was, she turned away and looked back at the driver of a limousine-like vehicle behind her.

"Take my personal items and Dust to my temporary place of residence, I'll call once I'm done being here."

The driver nodded to Weiss' request and simply drove off, leaving her behind and alone at this public place; she sighed and took this moment of peace to think.

'Finally to be away from my father and his unreasonable demands...'

She smiled softly to herself, feeling a bit free and relieved to experience such an open world without anyone to ruin it for her.

'Hm, I wonder what I should do today, since I have this quiet time before I go to Beacon Academy?...'

Before Weiss could take advantage of her opportunity, she was quickly distracted by the sound of yelling, which definitely caught her attention and caused her to look to see what it was.

"P-Please, just this once, I promise to pay you back later-"

"No Means No! I Don't Give Handouts!"

What Weiss saw was a man yelling at a young girl wearing a red hoodie, carrying her one-year-old child, being yelled at by said store owner; from what Weiss could tell, it appeared to be some sort of "not enough money" situation.

"B-But I need it for my Son-"

"Then Go Get Some Money To Pay For It!"

Ruby tried to beg and promise to pay for it later, but the store owner wasn't having any of that and continued to get mad at her for wasting his time, which definitely made a certain one-year-old boy wearing a frown, even behind his blindfold glowed red slightly.

"How much is it?"

However, before any more arguments could ensue or anything suspicious involving Scarlet could occur, a hand slammed against the counter, interrupting and capturing everyone's attention; the culprit behind it all was none other than Weiss herself, who was currently glaring at the store owner with a frown on her face.

"Since she's been trying to cheat me, it's now 50 instead of 25."

The store owner said, crossing his arms; hearing this made Rose stutter and groan in disbelief and defeat, though the Schnee just huffed in response instead.

"Hmph, such uncivilized behavior, I hope you don't regret acting in such a way."

Weiss lifted up the hand that was on the table and handed the store owner a debit card; he simply grunted as he took it and went to the back to pay for his purchase.

"Y-You didn't have to do that, I would've found a way to-"

"Just accept the generosity of a Schnee and say thank you."

Weiss quickly cuts off Ruby before she can say anything, which she simply nods quickly and bows her head in gratitude.

"Thank you, I really appreciate it."

Ruby then lifts up a bit and raises Scarlet over her shoulder, making her appear to be looking down at him from above, as if she were looking him in the eyes.