Prologue - Stiles Gets His License

"Dude, this is sick!" Scott shouted happily as his best friend drove into his driveway. He opened the passenger door and hopped in. "This was your mom's?"

"Yeah! I mean my dad wanted to sell it and put the money towards another car but it's nice to kind of have a piece of her around, you know? Plus it's in near perfect condition!"

"Oookay, dude. I'm looking at your dashboard right now and I can honestly say that I didn't even know cars HAD that many warning lights," Scott smirked earned an annoyed look from his childhood friend.

"Dude I said NEAR perfect. A little duck tape and this baby is ready for an off-road adventure in the mountains," Stiles said proudly, patting his steering wheel. Almost instantly the car squealed in response. Stiles chuckled nervously before hitting the steering wheel with force a few times in order for it to stop.

"Yeah, you're definitely riding solo on that big adventure, bud!" Scott pat his friend's shoulder, earning a dramatic swat-away.

"Whatever, I bet Y/N would LOVE to go with me!" Stiles shrugged.

"Yeah, bro. You wish," Scott chuckled, hinting at the crush Stiles has been nursing for years now.

Although it was a joke, he could really picture it. Nothing but you, him, the trees while blaring his mom's old cassettes that he'd found earlier that day.

You reminded him a lot of her. Your voice, your taste in music, but mostly your personality. You were sweet and playful. You never hesitated to respond to his witty remarks in the best ways. And the thing that always made him melt was how you, above all, cared wholeheartedly about the people you loved.

"Go with you where?" The sweet, melodic voice made the boys jump, making you smile. For a second, the boys forgot that the windows were wide open. You perched against Stiles' window and leaned against her hand. His heart sped at the close proximity. The smell of you was intoxicating.

"Off-roading in the mountains. You. Me. And this baby!" Stiles grinned, going to pat the steering wheel but refraining due to the past event. He settles for awkwardly rubbing the dashboard.

"Yeah, pass. I heard that thing squealing from my room next door. But we should celebrate our new chauffeur! Wanna grab some snacks and have a movie night? Or maybe we can go to the woods and star gaze!" you called while jogging over to Scott's side of the car. "Unless, of course, you're too chicken!"

"Why'd you look at me when you said that?" Scott pouted as you opened his door and waited for him to hop in the back. "Well, now you definitely don't get shotgun."

"Ugh okay then get out so I can climb in the back," you rolled your eyes.

"Nice try. The last time you said that you refused to move from the seat. Climb over me," Scott shrugged. You huffed and started to climb over him.

A hint of jealousy tickled Stiles' chest.

"Oh my god, you're joking," you scoffed, looking at his deadpan face. "Fine."

"OW THAT'S MY LEG! GET OFF!"

"You told me to- DID YOU JUST TRY TO THROW ME OUT OF THIS CAR?"

"OW JUST CLIMB OVER ALREADY!"

"Guys-"

"Stiles! I hear that you got your-..." Melissa began as she walked out into her driveway. She stopped talking as soon as she caught a glimpse of the flying limbs and curse words coming from the passenger's seat. "What the hell is-? Actually, you know what? I don't want to know. I just wanted to wish you congratulations before I left for my shift! .. Also please don't kill my son."