Chapter 9

S1 Episode 9

He felt his chest erupt in butterflies at the sight of you nuzzling deeper into his chest as you slept. He always dreamt of what it would be like to date you. He knew the kisses would be sweet and the moments playful. He never imagined though how his heart would burst at the sight of you falling asleep on his chest. You twitched as you fell into your deep slumber, groaning softly and out of the blue as your dreams presented you with forgettable images and scenes. His mind never envisioned the way your limbs would tangle so naturally with his as you sprawled out on his couch. It was the small moments he loved; making you laugh until you cried, seeing the way your eyes lit up when he kissed your forehead, watching as you subconsciously cuddled into him as you slept peacefully.

"Hey, Y/N," He whispered, his heart breaking at the idea of him waking you up from such a tranquil state. You groaned and stirred a bit, making him chuckle softly. "Baby, you gotta wake up. You said your dad was expecting you at 8:00."

"Nooo, you're too comfy to wake up," You mumbled, burying your face into his warm chest and tucking your hand into his hoodie pocket.

"You're making it really hard to follow your orders," He chuckled, wrapping his arms around you and kissing your forehead. "If I had it my way, we'd just stay like this forever.."

You smiled at the way he spoke to you. It was new, along with most of his recent mannerisms and actions. Ever since the relationship became official, he exposed a side of himself that he has never felt capable of presenting to anyone other than you. He was still sarcastic and goofy at times, but this was an entirely different Stiles. He was effortlessly vulnerable and affectionate towards you. He spoke of fond memories that he shared with his late mother; how she tucked him in until she no longer recognized him or about how your mannerisms and sense of humor mirrored hers. No matter what the tone of a conversation was, his gaze glimmered with adoration for you. It was an effortless transition, melting into your roles of boyfriend and girlfriend. It felt familiar to be his. He felt like home.

"What time is it?" You yawned, finally perking your head up to look at him. He was already looking down at you.

"7:35. I hesitated to wake you up," He smiled, making you let out a single breathy chuckle. "We should probably get going, huh? You have to get ready to go to that dinner."

"I don't know why they're making it out to be such a formal event," You shook your head, looking down at the Beatles logo on his grey hoodie. "The last time they acted like this was when they told me my dad got that international job out of LA. I can only imagine what type of news they're going to drop on me tonight."

"Do you want me to come with you?" He frowned at the way you anxiously played with his hoodie strings.

"No, no, Scott did ask you to hang out tonight. I don't want to blow him off when he's still this heartbroken over Allison," You sighed, looking up. He threw his head back and groaned.

"As if he hasn't blown us off for Allison," He grumbled. "I'd so much rather go with you anyway. He's got some stupid plan he wants help with."

"As much as I would love to bring you with me, I still feel like you should play along with his stupid plan," You giggled, finally sitting up to stretch your stiff body. "You wanna sneak into my room tonight and spend the night again? We can finish that game of chess."

"Yeah, I'll call you after we're done," He nodded, leaning down to pull on his shoes. You watched as his hoodie stretched out, showing off the subtle muscular definition of his back. You smiled and mindlessly reached forward to rub your hand up and down his spine as he slipped on his sneakers. "I have to warn you, though. It is a beyond stupid idea. So, we might not be done before midnight. I mean, you know, if we don't get arrested."