Fourth Year

Violet stretched and looked over. Neville was curled on his side with his back to her. They had arrived in LA late last night, and been picked up at the Airport by the family Au Pair Amelia. Violet's mother had insisted that she try to renew her modelling contract again, so she had returned to LA and was booked independently for a few shoots, courtesy of her mother's agent, for different brands, but no agency would pick her up after what happened with her last contract. She looked over and checked her phone, her mother had sent a text.

Good Morning Beauty! I'll be coming back from the site in the evening! I hope you and Neville enjoyed the down time! I have a few things I need you to do today! First please go to the party planner, you know the one I like, and make sure everything is on track for tonight. Then you and Neville will need to go shopping. You each need a new outfit for the party! Make sure you pick something sexy! You need to be noticed tonight! Use the Black Card! NO BUDGET! After that grab some lunch, and then you have an appointment with an international agent! They're going to see about getting you a few gigs while you're in London. Also Rodney has offered to teach you to drive while you're here! He'll be taking you to the DMV for your permit this afternoon. Love you so much Beauty!

She sighed and kissed Neville's cheek. "Mornin, we got a ton of stuff to do." Violet shook her phone at Neville and he groaned before covering his eyes with his hands. Violet laughed, "I'm gonna go see if Amelia can make breakfast!" Amelia was the woman that her parents had hired to look after her and the house after Violet was born. Amelia made the best breakfast in the world and she was what Violet missed most when she had moved to live with her father to attend Ilvermorny, now Amelia watched Violets half-brother and sister and cleaned up after her bratty older step brother.

"Good morning Amelia!"

"Good morning Violet! Crepes for yourself and Neville?"

"That would be perfect Amelia, thank you!"

"Your bedroom was empty this morning Miss Violet..." Amelia spoke sternly. Violet looked up from where she had sat in the kitchen. Upstairs she could hear Neville getting into the shower.

"I had another nightmare. I went to lay down with Neville for a while and must have fallen asleep." Amelia looked at her sternly, sizing her up as she had when Violet was 6 and insisted that she hadn't drawn on the wall. This time Violet was telling the truth and Amelia softened.

"That same dream baby?" Violet swallowed and nodded. "Go take a shower, you have a busy day. Breakfast will be ready when you get down." Violet hugged her and ran upstairs to get ready. When she got downstairs Neville was already seated and eating breakfast. Violet slid into the breakfast nook and fixed a plate.

"Amelia is the driver ready? Neville... What are you wearing?"

Amelia nodded, "I set out some of Jon's clothes for him, if you're going to be in Beverly Hills his... usual attire... won't do." Neville shrugged and continued to eat. "Rodney's getting the Royce filled up. Do you have the Black Card?"

Violet nodded, and then realized what Amelia had said. "Wait... We don't have a Royce?"

"You do now, dear." Amelia was speaking the way she did when she felt that Violet's mother was being too showy. "You know Jon just turned 17? Well for his birthday he got the Royce, but it wasn't big enough for his gear, so Mr. Montgomery went out and got him a new Sprinter. The Royce will be yours as soon as you get your license, which by the way, Rodney wants to take you to the DMV to take the test, then you're driving everywhere for the rest of the summer. You're taking the Royce back to London." Neville looked between Violet and Amelia slowly, but followed a begrudged Violet out to the garage.

"Morning Rodney! I believe my mother sent you the itinerary for today?"

"Yes, Miss Violet, and a shopping list. Amelia told you we were taking your test today? Are you excited?" Violet nodded. "Can you believe this is going to be yours?" Rodney whistled. "Let me tell you I'm gonna miss driving it. Say do they let you have a vehicle at that special school of yours... You know?" He looked at Neville and then leaned close and whispered. "The magic one?" Violet smiled. She had also missed Rodney's constant chatter, he had come to LA from Chicago as a boy and never lost the accent. When she was a little girl she was involved in several activities and he had been her escort. More than once he had seen her magic flare up during stressful times. Amelia knew too, but she had always known, since Violet's hair color changed in the cradle.