Fifth Year

"Pop"

Violet was sitting in the living room when Draco appeared. "Draco!" forgetting herself Violet ran up to hug him.

"Hello there, Princess." Just then her father came into the room.

"What was that popping sound?"

"Umm. Daddy this is Draco Malfoy. My boyfriend." Draco held out a hand and her father shook it. Her father seemed impressed.

"I'm sorry Mr. Vodrey. I overshot the front door." Draco was making respectful eye contact with her father and smiling pleasantly. He seemed completely different from his usual cocky self.

"Overshot?"

"He apparated daddy, disappeared over there and appeared here. It's how wizards get around." Violet was looking between the two men.

"Can you do that?" Violets father was intrigued.

"Oh, not yet. I'll learn next year."

"He's older?" Violet's father leaned in examining the young man.

"He's in my year, but his parents kept him home longer, he just turned 17."

Her father hummed and turned to Draco. "Well, Violet's birthday isn't until tomorrow." Draco nodded

"I wasn't sure what you had planned, I just wanted to drop off her present and see her for a second." Draco lifted the large box he was holding.

"Will your parents mind if you stay? You could stay for a while. I know Violet misses her school friends. Actually, Luna Lovegood is coming in a few hours to spend the week anyway."

"I'm sure they wouldn't. I'll send an owl. Actually, I'm on my way to stay with my godmother anyway. My parents have some business to attend to over the next few weeks." Violet knew Draco's parents wouldn't care if he decided to vanish from the face of the earth for a year. But if he spent the night in a muggle home?

"Well then, why don't you stay until we get back from Cabo? My wife and I are celebrating our anniversary next week. I'd feel better knowing the girls aren't here alone." Violet's parents tended to be very lax with her. She was always well behaved and they were both so busy they didn't have time to coddle or be strict, but this was surprising.

"That sounds wonderful. Are you sure I won't be overstaying my welcome?"

"Nonsense. Violet's room is up the hall." Violet led him up the hall with his suitcase. When they reached her room, he kissed her.

"Stop, Draco... Did you Confund him?" Violet didn't like the idea of her father being hexed by her boyfriend.

"Violet of course not. Parents tend to really like me." Violet looked at him closely trying to see if he was lying to her. He sighed, "Violet, I'm tall, blond, well dressed, and obviously from money. I'm impressive. Also, I think your father is just happy you're fitting in better this year. Now open your present. I don't want to wait until tomorrow."

Violet opened it to find a new cauldron and potions supplies, including a very nice set of scales and weights. There were also some of the more useful but expensive ingredients. "Draco, you spoil me." He smiled at her and sat on her bed.

"Of course, I do. it's what my princess deserves." She rolled her eyes at him and placing her hands on his shoulders kissed him deeply. "But there's more in the box." She smiled and found a few smaller boxes. "Why don't you open those tomorrow." She smiled and placed them on her bedside table unopened.

"Draco you shouldn't have Apparated here, you could have splinched, or gotten caught." Draco smirked and cocked his head at her. She laughed. "Such a bad boy." He looked absolutely devil may care like that.