Sixth Year

July 4th

Violet looked in the mirror. She was short, 5'1", and had slight yet obvious curves. Her hair was red and curly, and kept about shoulder length. She had steely blue eyes and stub nose, with pale full lips. Her skin was fair and splattered with freckles. Violet rarely spent so much time looking into the mirror, but today she needed to see what made her look... well made her look like her.

She concentrated and slowly darkened her complexion, her freckles fading as she did. She still looked like herself, Only herself with a dark tan. Next she straightened her hair, and lengthened it dramatically, until it reached her butt. Her eyes shifted to a dark brown color, and she darkened her lips and thinning them. For her hair, she settled on a dark brown color. Finally she made herself taller, just by an inch or so. Looking in the mirror, she saw one of the Patel twins. So she put Sasha into her canvas bag, along with her coin purse and muggle money, and then called for a cab.

After paying the cabby Violet stepped into the street and walked calmly to the Leaky Cauldron, where she greeted Tom then stepped around back to open the way to Diagon Alley. She found and entered the ice cream parlor and ordered a peanut butter ice cream with toffee bits before settling into a seat on the patio and allowing sasha to climb into her lap. Draco appeared, and sat opposite her. "Draco what are you doing, you'll be seen."

"You need to leave Violet. Go back to Ilvermorny. I can't see you anymore." Violet felt her heart plummet into her waist. "It's not worth it. We could be killed. Besides, what were we thinking? This would never have worked."

"Draco- I - Don't understand. You just wrote me. Asking me to meet you here. You were so specific that I couldn't look like myself, how did you even find me."

"The cat." Draco cast a Mufflato Charm "He's back Vi, the Dark Lord has returned, my parents... they're supporters Vi. He's... making us do things. You can't be here. Take your family, I don't care what you tell them. Go back to Boston, go to Ilvermorny. You'll be safe there. At least for now." Violet had tears running down her face. "Don't cry Violet. I just can't see you get hurt, and the idea that I might have to hurt you..."

"Come with us Draco, he could hurt you too. You can get away." Violet begged.

"I can't... its too late." Violet could see that Draco was fighting back a tear. His voice was breaking as he spoke. "We're over Violet." He stood and walked away, leaving her quietly crying with Sasha purring in her lap.

Violet quickly dried her tears and stood up she walked out of the shop and down the street. She wasn't 17 yet but given the situation she apparated from pub to her home. "Daddy! Daddy, we need to leave. We need to leave now." Her father and stepmother appeared in a rush.

"Violet what's wrong?" He took one look at her with tears in her eyes and wrapped her in a hug. Her stepmother joined them and Violet concentrated hard on the Ilvermorny Headmaster's office. They disappeared and then reappeared in his office. Her stepmother was vomiting into a trashcan, Violet was just grateful no one had Splinched in the process and the Headmaster stood from behind his desk.

"What is the meaning of thi--- Miss Vodrey?" The girl collapsed supported by her father.

"He's back... Voldemort... he's back." The Headmaster immediately went to his fireplace and dispatched a notice for the Matron and other staff to meet him in his office.

"What happened girl?" The headmaster guided her to a seat in his office. Violet was still crying.

"A year ago at the Triwizard Tournament Harry Potter said he was back. Not everyone believed him but he was. At the end of last year he revealed himself to everyone. Draco said we need to leave. He said they're making the purebloods do things. Coming for muggle borns and their families. His father has seen me, even though he doesn't know for sure about us he suspected... Dad, he was scared. I went straight home and brought us all here."