Chapter 4

[Y/n pov]

We are sitting in class watching a very disappointing battle between Jane and Cardin. They both stand there and Jane is clearly exhausted. Jane lets out a war cry and charges Cardin and swings down missing him as Cardin retaliates with a swing of his own, hitting Jane's shield launching her and her shield away. She Quickly stands up and charges Cardin again and locks her sword with Cardins mace. Cardin easily overpowers her.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jane: Over my dead- OOF.

Cardin cuts her off with a knee to the gut. Causing her to drop to the ground. Cardin raises his mace in the air preparing to finish her but is cut off by the buzzer and Professor. Goodwitch. 

Glynda: Student's, as you can see Miss. Arcs aura is now dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel this would indicate that Jane's no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Miss. Arc, it's been week's now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move for a more, different strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf now would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself. 

Glynda: We have enough time for one more battle. Would anyone like to volunteer?

Y/n: I will!

My friends all turn to me a bit shocked as I haven't been including myself in sparring matches ever since I we started.

Glynda: Mr. Macgrath, It is nice to see you are finally willing to participate. Now who would you like to spar with.

Y/n: Cardin.

Glynda: I'm afraid you will have to choose someone els-

Cardin: -No, no. I'll fight him. I wanna see if he's good enough.

Glynda: *Sigh* Alright. Mr. Macgrath, please go get your gear and make your way to the arena.

I just jump down to the arena confusing Professor Goodwitch.

Glynda: Are you not going to get your weapons?

Y/n: I don't need my Amp to beat this underdeveloped loser.

This earns chuckles from most of my classmates and a growl from Cardin.

Glynda: Very well. And please, refrain from badmouthing your opponent unless its for strategic reasons.

Glynda leaves the arena and the aura meter's show both me and Cardin at 100% (You still don't have an aura.) prepares the countdown.

Glynda: Ready? 3! 2! 1! Fight!

Cardin immediately charges at me as I stand there waiting for him to get closer. He prepares to swing at my head as I duck and retaliate with a punch to his gut force him to hunch over. His aura drops to 75% as I jump back and send a shockwave blast sending him back and taking his aura down to 48%. Cardin gets up clearly angry and charges at me again with his mace raised in the air. As he gets closer he swings down onto me as I grab his mace and rip it out of his hand shoving him back. I throw his mace away and get into a stance. 

[0:55 to 1:59] (At 1:41 is where Cardin's aura broke)

My fists are dripping with blood As Cardin lays on the arena floor unconscious, bloody, bruised and swollen all over his face Glynda calls the match again and asks Cardin's teammates to take him to the infirmary.