3. LET ME

"Letting your guard down, opening up to someone, kinda feels too much for me, y'know? Just thinking of how you allow another human being, a person, to discover a new depth of yourself sends shivers to my spine."

"Go on,"

"They'll see my scars, the cuts, the fresh wounds from last month's, and once I'm fully naked, they're gonna leave me on the floor, staring with faint hope at the bootprints they left, betting on something unlikely to happen; them turning around and helping me get on my feet.

Gurion, say something."

"You're afraid of getting hurt, again."

"I'm not–"

"You are, Cél. If only–"

"Another 'if only's. What now?"

"If only you trusted me enough, Cél. If only you trusted me enough, I would love you in every way I could; I would kiss the pain of your fresh wounds from last month's away, I'd left my marks on your healed scars just to make you feel my love, showing my appreciation that you have come this far not for nothing.

Be brave, Cél. Take a leap of faith, let your guard down, for me and me only. Strip bare, show me how beautiful you are beneath this shell; I'll love you still one way or another, for you are a beauty beyond compare.

If you're too afraid to begin and you find it hard to divulge yourself around me, cry it out, scream, but at least do it in my arms.

Cél, please know that I'll never be far, only a hand-reach away, only if you let me; so please, let me."