chapter 5

" We need to talk "

" We need to talk "

I told the boys and we went to sit in the living room this house feels like a perfect cozy home and I am glad my kids got to live in this environment and thinking about all possible scenarios I told the boys

" your mother left us a letter,  mariè gave it to me during signing the papers, she told me to read it to you all without Amir and Amirah "

After I spoke that there was a thick silence in the room and I took  it as my cue and opened the letter

To mon amour
Dominic

( to my love )

If you are reading this then I am probably dead and Amir and Amirah are with you I know you are probably angry , with me or guilty for what happened  that day but don't beat yourself for it because I know the truth what happened then, but I had to leave , they threatened me to leave or they would have killed our sons and I couldn't let it happen,  so I decided to leave I know it was stupid but that was all I could do to protect my sons , I left Spain and came to France I knew mariè could help me to cover my Identity,  it was not easy at first but after 2 months
I found out I was pregnant,  and i couldn't come to our family because I knew , we wouldn't be able to protect them from the lurking shadows that wanted to destroy our family,  because I knew it was not just Amber who planned this all I knew there was someone else after us , someone with much power so I thought it's better to keep our youngest away from our world until it was safe for them , so i decided to do everything I could do to raise our kids and I want to tell you that,  Amirah she is very smart but she can be a trouble sometimes, she is my little mouse , and if anything happens to her trust me , my ghost will haunt  you forever and Amir is the sweetest boy but just like her twin can be alot to handle but he is my sunshine and I trust you with my whole heart to protect and love them immensely and tell them that I will always love them now , mon amour you are love of my life and always will be , you own my heart and no one can ever replace you , and even if I am not there I am in your heart always .

Je vous aime
Your wife Audra esme Valdez

(I love you )

I broke down into tears reading it , I couldn't believe she is not there with us anymore,  she was my queen and always will be . I passed on the letter To Darius to continue reading it since I couldn't bring myself to speak anymore.

He got my hint and started reading it

To Darius

My little tiger I am sorry I was not there with you in your tough times but I know you will understand I had to do it for our family,  but always remember I love you all equally with all my heart and I am so proud of all your achievements and I am sorry to keep you away from your youngest siblings but I had to , now I want you to always protect your younger siblings consider it as my last wish , specially Amirah she is just like you in so many ways , she has same stubborness as you havev, she always wants to do everything with perfection and just like you she can't tolerate any human interaction other then her family,  but i know you will always be there to guide her I trust you  with everything my son .