♟03♟

Navah is busy dusting off the books inside a massive library. She was tasked to do the cleaning as usual along with the servants. As she climbs on the ladder to reach the top of the bookshelves, she almost fell when the door suddenly yanked open. Startled. Horrify. Eli, one of her closest friends in their coven, burst inside with excitement.

"Navah, Navah, C'mon. Guess what I heard, the werewolf council is coming and I heard Jelena say about the arranged marriage, I don't know but I heard she mentioned your name."

"What? What do you mean?" She replied as she stood and picked the books that scattered because of her startling.

"I don't exactly hear everything but I think Jelena will marry you off to some werewolf." She replied in horror

"Oh my god" She replied as her conversation with her Aunt Jelena fashesback, she clutches her heart in atrociousness.

Jelena once talked to her about her arranged marriage to some werewolf, she said it was arranged by her father when she was still a baby and the council of the werewolves together with the council of the witches agreed to it. They said it was meant to happen because of the prophecy which up to now she doesn't know.

Worries inked her vision, she doesn't know what awaits her. She becomes nervous and a rumbling of thought lingers inside her brain, she doesn't know whether to run or to hide. She's confused, she ignored the bad news and instead busied herself inside the library.

It's late in the evening, she was about to go to her room to sleep when her Aunt Jelena walked to her.

"Navah" She called while stepping towards her in the hallway. Authority and elegance radiate her, she's around forty years of age and is glamorous. She was wearing a sleeveless floral maroon dress, her breasts were displayed as if they will pop out in a moment. She wore thick makeup, her lips were painted in dark black color, a witchy typical woman. 

"My lady" She greeted with respect.

"I want you to get prepare tomorrow, the werewolf council is coming for your hand." She said.

"My lady, what do you mean?" She curiously asked.

"I bet you already know about the arranged marriage that your father planned when you were still a fetus. I cant understand why he did such a horrible arrangement when I know you are ridiculous to be mated to a great Alpha." She said with an awful tone. Navah got more confused about what she said, an Alpha?

"I have no time to process your stupid reaction, but there's one thing I want to warn you about, don't you ever humiliate me in front of the visitors. As much I hate this idea but I can't break this off for the sake of the peace between the werewolf kingdom and ours, so better prepare yourself and be presentable tomorrow. I don't tolerate stupidity."

"But my lady I don't want to get married. I-" She said but before she could finish her words, a big smack landed on her face. She slapped her hard, she gasped and clutched her cheek.

"Shut the fuck up. Who do you think you are to defy me? This is what your stupid father arranged and you have no choice but to accept your awful future. I've been waiting for this, I've been longing to get rid of you because you are a pain in the ass. I hate your presence here and if this is the opportunity to get rid of you,  I will be glad to send you away. I just feel pity for the great Alpha to have you as his chosen mate."

A sting in her heart initiated, she was so hurt by Jelena's statements. She cant understand why her aunt would say those words to her. She is her aunt, the sister of her beloved father yet she despises her, she can't understand where this cold treatment is coming from. She already got the coven, the title, the power that is supposed to be hers, what else does she needs from her? ~What greed towards a power, she thinks.

As she lay on her bed, she thinks a lot of things. Do I need to run? What if the Alpha is evil? what if he also dislikes me? What if he also hurt me? She spend her night speculating her future when sleep engulfed her.

A knock on her door awakes her to her sleep, Tina burst in.  She told her to get prepared because the visitors are coming. She didn't realize it was morning, she blinks to wake herself from being slumber. Rosen. Freshen up. Get ready. She spends hours to get prepared and when she's done she spends some moments looking at the mirror and seeing her reflection. Satisfied. Comfortable. A smile draws on her lips, she can't believe she can look beautiful like this. Gorgeous.

She chose to wear her mother's dress. A white long sleeve dress that hugged her curves, it was flowy but comfortable and it was simple yet elegant. Her hair is curled up beautifully. She also painted her face with natural makeup looks, she looked stunning. She wore 5 inches heels since she is petite with a small frame. Charming. She stepped outside her room as she was asked to go to the library to meet the visitors, she was being escorted by Tina. Nervous. Scared. Excited. She was very anxious, she can almost hear her heartbeat. She won't know what to expect from them but she wished they will like her.

*****†**
To be continued.

Hi beautiful readers, i hope you like this story. I am trying my best to insert writing into my schedule. I am a busy person but I love to write as my stress reliever. Please let me know what you think about this one. 

I am still thinking about whether to get Navah some companies in her journey. 🤣 i don't know but let's see.