𝐏ᴀʀᴛ 1

I sneak into my house, I was trying not to get caught coming back from a party. I close the window behind me as quietly as I could make it. Once I turn around and think that I'm safe from my strict mom, the lights flash on, making me squint.
"What do you think you're doing?" My mom said sitting on a wooden chair with her arms crossed

"I stayed too late at Zarha's house studying!"

"Then why are you dressed like you just went to a party?"

"I had to borrow her clothes...?"

"You can't get past me, young lady!" She gets up and grabs by the ear and walks up the stairs to my room

"Ow ow ow ow!"

"Give me your phone! You're grounded for 2 months!" I hand her my phone and she grabs the key out of her pocket to lock me in. She shuts the door and locks me in. This is nothing special, this happens every couple of months.

After doing random stuff around my room, I got an idea, I'm going to run away. I grab all my blankets and tie them all together, and throw them all out my window as a ladder. I grab the spare car keys under my pillow and a backpack with clothes, food, water, and other necessities. I don't usually do something like this.

I slowly decline down the blanket rope with my backpack hanging on for dear life on my shoulder. I finally reach the soft moist grass, sneak around the side of my house and get into my red Fiat 124 Sport Spider (old-time-y convertible) I got for my 18th birthday.

I jam the keys into the hole a quickly as I can and drive off. I'm not sure if she noticed me or not, I was to going too fast down the road. I drive around the suburban area of LA for a while having no clue where I'm going.

After what feels like 30 minutes, I stop by a small cliff edge and sit there, blasting a Chase Atlantic cd. After a couple of rotations of the different CDs, I hear a car pull up. I duck behind the side of my car like the speed of light.

I see a guy who looks about 20-21 with bleached hair at the lower half of the back of his hair (I'm blanking on what the style's called) walk out of his car and sit only a couple of feet away from where I was sitting before. I walk up and sit back down and do my own thing but without the music.

After a couple of minutes of comfortable silence between me and this mysterious man I try to break the silence
"So... how's your night been?" He doesn't seem to respond right away, so I just stare at the horizon, filled with stars.

"Not great." He finally says

"Oh? Care to vent?"

"Nah, I don't vent to a random girl on a cliffside," "how about you? How's your night?"

"My mom's being a bitch because I went to a party."

"I'm guessing you don't have the best relationship with your mom?"

"Bullseye." We continue to make small talk about random things like friends, life, what made us feel down.

"So, mysterious man..." I say having no idea what to talk about next

"Is that my name now?" He kids

"That's what I was wondering, what your name is."

"It's Darren. Your turn."

"I'm Nikole, but you can call me Niki."

"That's a cute name."

"Thanks." I shiver from the quick gust of wind

"Do you want my sweatshirt? You seem cold." Darren says starting to take off his black sweatshirt

"No no, it's fine. I have one in my backpack." I get up and sit in the passenger seat pawing through my bag. No sight of a sweater. I sit back down with a sigh