I knew you'd like it too

Hey everyone!
I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
It's a very short one but it's more of a second part to the previous one. 😊

Kaia Marcella Torres

"So have you lived here your whole life?" Nathan questioned, grabbing a fork to dig into the food. He looked so handsome in his suit. His hair was gelled to the side but a few pieces had fallen around his face. I was falling for him, and I barely knew him.

"Kaia? Are you okay?" He spoke, bringing me back to reality.

"Yes, sorry. Umm well, I was born and raised in the city, I've never really moved until now." I replied. He nodded.

"What about you?" I asked. I knew he was from Italy but I was intrigued to know more. He is a mysterious man, probably because I've only known him less than a week.

"I was born in Italy but I moved here when I was 14. I've been back and forth ever since." He answered. The fork in his hand was brought to his mouth before he dropped it onto his plate. His face turned pale as his eyes were focused on something, someone.

"What's wrong?" I panicked. His hand dove into his pockets for his wallet, dropping a bunch of cash before reaching over and grabbing my hand.

"We need to leave."

I didn't get the chance to be stubborn as he took my hand and dragged me through the restaurant, leading us to the exit.

"W-why are we leaving? I was having a nice time." I mumbled. We were practically running out the doors and to the car.

He took the keys from the valet and turned to face me. "I know baby. We just needed to leave okay?" He rubbed his thumb back and forth across my cheek.

I sighed and went to sit down in the passenger seat. He was talking to the valet again. I couldn't hear what he was saying but the man was just nodding. After a minute he finished talking and got into the car.

I looked over at him and he was just running his hand through his hair whilst sighing.

"So what's wrong?" I asked, placing my hand over his and playing with his rings.

"Nothing." He snapped, snatching his hand from my grip. My cheeks stung, I felt so embarrassed. He just snapped at me for no reason.

I slumped in the seat and took my shoes off. I curled my knees up to my chest in an attempt to comfort myself. It was something I'd always done, when mom used to be in her room with her clients I would have no one to reassure me, no one to care for me. I'd sit there for hours in the same position as I felt protected, by myself.

No one could hurt me if I had my face hidden behind my legs.

A tear dropped from my cheek at the bad memories. I am an emotional person or as most people call it, 'a cry baby'. But because of my past, I don't take it well when people snap or shout at me.

I accidentally sniffled too loud and that's when the car came to a stop. "Kaia?" Nathan spoke softly. I didn't reply or move. He placed his hand on my legs and tried to move them down.

"Are you crying baby?" He whispered as he rubbed my leg.

I shook my head, I couldn't speak. For some reason when I cry, I just can't speak otherwise I start to sob.

My bum was suddenly lifted from the seat, his arms curled around my body and then I was sat in his lap with my head against his clothed chest.

"Don't cry, I'm sorry for shouting at you. I just needed to get us out of there at that moment. Seeing her stresses me out so much."

Hmm? What is he talking about?

"H-her?" I sniffled into a question.

"My ex-wife, Arabella's mother. I hate her so much. Every time she has been in my life she's caused nothing but misery." He sounded bitter. I mean she's an ex-wife for a reason but still.

"She's the mother of your child surely you can't hate her, that's a strong word," I whispered against his chest.

"Oh believe me when I say I do. I mean we were teenage parents which is a huge responsibility, it was hard. But she wouldn't seem to care for Arabella at all, I was the one doing everything. Arabella lived with me her whole life and when her mother came back into her life she was so horrible to her that she drove Arabella to nearly ending her life." He spoke with anger. He was upset I could tell by the way his hands were clenched so hard into a fist. I believed him.

"I'm so sorry, neither of you deserved that." I comforted him by wrapping my arms around him.

"I didn't mean to shout at you, Kaia and I'm sorry about the date being cut short. But I've got one last surprise, open your eyes."

I lifted my head from his chest and looked out of the window and wow- I am speechless. We were parked up and had a view of the whole city and the beautiful night sky above.

"I come here when I'm stressed. I've never told anyone about this place, but I knew you'd love it too." He whispered the last part into my ear and it sent shivers down my spine.

"I d-do like it. I stuttered, he was now breathing against my neck.

"I love how you get flustered so easily, love." He placed a kiss on my neck and then pulled away. He lifted me off his lap and put me back in my seat.

"I was just teasing you, baby now let's head back, it's a long ride home."

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Let me know if there's anything that you want to be added into the story :)

Have a nice rest of your day and don't forget to eat, have a drink and have some time to care for yourself❤️

All my love, kitten.🖤