PROLOGUE

(PLEASE READ THE AUTHOR NOTE THAT IS AT THE END)

It wasn't supposed to end in heartbreak.

Just as everyone thought Nico DiAngelo was in love with Annabeth Chase, everyone thought Jason Grace was in love with Piper McLean. They kept looking at the picture from the wrong angle.

When Jason met Leo he was wonderstruck. He fell in love faster than he fell after Piper at the Grand Canyon. He shot down so hard and fast that the only thing keeping him from hitting rock bottom were his wind powers.

Jason genuinely tried to like Piper. He told himself he liked her, he thought each and every one of his actions over to make sure they showed his supposed love. He kissed Piper and even screamed his love to the world.

His affection was never meant to be public knowledge. Jason knew that if he ever dared talk about his desire for Leo Valdez it would only end up in heartbreak. But, in the brick of a ghastly revelation, a moment of truth seemed only fair. 

For all it was worth, Jason never intended to become a professional heartbreaker. As Jason's fervor grew, Piper's suspicions did too. As worry clouded his every word, and his actions became sloppy, Piper shattered and mangled. And as Leo attached his affection to a flower trapped in winter, Jason fractured.

The son of Zeus was no son of Aphrodite. No matter Jason's attempts to shove his feelings to the depths of his heart, it was only a matter of time before Piper caught up. After all Piper McLean was a daughter of the goddess of Love, if there was something she understood, those were feelings. (A look into Piper's POV)

A couple made of broken pieces finally clashed away when freed from war. When the war ended and tranquility took over, Piper's and Jason's relationship hit rock bottom and their sanctuary was torn apart from its very core.

Grief can be very comical. Jason Grace grieved for Leo Valdez even before he died, and was the only one prohibited from reuniting with his friend. Leo Valdez, woozy from grief, swore to avenge Jason Grace, oblivious to the pain he had caused to his friend six feet under.

Hello everyone, thank you for opening this story and for giving it a chance!

If you are reading this before the twenty ninth of January 2022, I ask you to save this story and wait until then to see the next chapters! This is just the introduction to the story and a summery to all seven chapters, to see if someone gets invested.

If you are reading this after the twenty ninth of January 2022, I invite you to keep reading!

Now, some trigger warnings I think I should mention before anyone actually begins reading:

1. Heavy mentions of internalized homophobia.

2. Manipulation

3. Character's death

4. Heart break

5. There will be no happy ending

6. Identity crises

7. Forced coming out

I promise nothing is really explicit (apart from number one) and is all covered in a layer of poetry. Still, you know yourself more than I do, so if you don't feel like reading any of those at any level, please do leave.

I do believe I have covered all trigger warning, but I could have jumped through some, if you believe I should any other, don't hesitate to let me know!

This story was inspired out of one of @stephh.v__ TIK TOKS, I will leave a link to the video (and their account) right below . And also, I want to thanks the four amazing people who beta read (and still are) this story and helped me improve it!
Thanks
@icecream.soph
@/multifandom_library (ig account)
@/annabths_dagger (ig account)
indy_writes
!!!

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLeULh3G/
(The video)

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMLeDcHpy/
(The account)

[THIS IS A SHORT STORY

(imagine a one shot cut into chapters)

IT HAS SHORT CHAPTERS]

This story will be updated once every two weeks, every Saturday:

Part 1: January 29, 2022

Part 2: February 5, 2022

Part 3: February 12, 2022

Part 4: February 19, 2022

Part 5: February 26, 2022

Part 6: March 5, 2022

Part 7: March 12, 2022

See you all again the 29th!

-cami-

17, January, 2022

658 Words