IV

For all it was worth, Jason never intended to become a professional heartbreaker.

Something about Leo's absence felt terminal. Jason knew nothing would be the same once he came back.

When Leo Valdez disappeared, Jason hit rock bottom.

Ever since the grand confession, the ground the son of Zeus had settled to hide in, shifted. The door he had worked so hard to keep locked, burst open. And time seemed to have gone backward.

Leo's presence was driving Jason insane.

His eyes, childishly and desperately, followed the boy like a magnet does its opposite. His heart stubbornly clenched to an impossible love. And his head, messier than ever, flooded with the intrusive thoughts of him.

But it was his absence that pushed him to insanity.

When Leo Valdez disappeared, Jason went mad.

His eyes searched for the boy whenever he entered a room and fell disappointed each time, his heart agonized with distress, and his head buzzed in a chorus of grief.

Sometimes, at night, in the loneliness of his room under the covers, Jason swore he could hear Leo. Those nights Jason wept and wailed until his head felt numb. Other times, while the sun could still be seen, Jason believed he had seen Leo, he stared blankly ahead until the ghost of light flickered out of existence. Those days Jason snapped and bitterly walked through the passing hours.

When Leo Valdez disappeared, Piper shattered.

Jason, trapped in his own mind, forgot all about the character he was supposed to be. His words harsh and rushed. His actions, sloppy. And his thoughts, invasive and ungodly.

The persona he had so carefully taken the time to craft, falling apart.

"Jason, we need to talk"

His heart, numbed, didn't shrink with guilt at the memory of Piper McLean. His mind, clouded, failed to love her. And his body didn't even remember her.

"I didn't want to believe it. I choose to ignore it. But right now, you are making it awfully hard to do so. If you are going to use me, Jason Grace, at least have the decency to do a good job. Take a deep breath and pull your act together, and if you can't, pretend, just like the rest of us are doing. We are all having hard times Jason, but you don't see any of us moping around and treating everyone else like pieces of garbage. Pull yourself together before you do something you'll regret"

"Piper, I-"

"Do not dare apologize. You choose to use me, you broke my heart and now you get to carry that guilt. And also, if you apologize, I'd have to do so too. If you get to hide behind us, why can't I do the same?"

When Leo Valdez disappeared, Jason broke his first heart.

With bleeding hearts and bewildered heads, the couple born from lies turned into one of truths and camouflage.

And when Leo Valdez returned, Jason broke his second heart.

Jason fell in love and, this time, his wind powers did nothing to ease the forced landing.

With melancholic and sweet-filled words Leo spoke of a lover trapped in time and space. He spoke of her beauty, delicate and tender like that of a blooming flower. Of her elderly wisdom and her insatiable desire for knowledge. He spoke of her wrath, powerful and uncontrolled but limited to the shores of her island.

He spoke of his heart from his heart.

He talked for hours, lying in Jason's bed, with a fire for closure so intense that it incinerated the air and turned Jason's core to ashes.

And with every spark that flew from the tide of flames that Leo Valdez's words were, Jason Grace, like paper, burnt. 

So here it is. And just so you know, it will keep getting sadder. 

I hope you like this part!

Wish you have an amazing day and sending good energy towards everyone!!