I

When Jason met Leo he was wonderstruck;

Jason didn't believe in love at first sight, but when he woke up in a random bus next to a boy he would come to know as Leo Valdez, his heart skipped a beat.
The situation was very much comical; He was supposedly dating Piper Mclean, objectively the most beautiful woman Jason had ever laid eye on, yet he found his eyes stuck on the boy next seat. The boy, who claimed to be his best friend and later on would actually become his best friend, was the man from Jason's dreams.
Leo almost looked too much like an elf. His ears were pointy and drawn-out, his eyes, hazel-like, stormed with sparks of fire, his hair short and curly, and his lips, never still for two seconds. He was rather short and dressed like an elegant manual working elf– maybe not, but Jason liked to tease Leo with it. Valdez wasn't exactly the impersonification of beauty itself, but to Jason, he couldn't have been prettier.

Right there on that bus and for a long time after, Jason didn't comprehend his feelings as what they were. At first, because it was all too much; in the midst of chaos he let himself believe he liked Piper, walking through the easy path, for meddling with emotions didn't seem to be the right course of action to take when he couldn't even remember his own identity. And then, because living in denial and constant self-hatred was just easier than accepting the identity he had fought so hard to recover.

On that bus Jason wondered if his admiration for Leo was only physical, a product of jealousy brewed in the deepest parts of his soul, a kind of jealousy so well-hidden that it almost passed over as admiration. But then, Jason would hear Leo talk and would fall in love all over again. He would listen to his jokes, constant ramblings, crazy ideas, and even his greatest fears. And his admiration towards the son of Hephaestus would only grow.
The first time Jason heard Leo talk he was all too confused. Leo's words made no sense, Jason's head would not stop spinning, trying to grab to memories that were not there, and slipping to grab memories that shouldn't be there but were. It made his head spin. Yet, even when his head was pure havoc, a part of Jason wished he had a recorder in order to always have a way of reminding himself of the angelical voice of Leo Valdez.

Deprived of any memories Jason was thrown into the Greek world of myths. He was thrown fast and strongly and from there on he would be knocked out with surprises that flew his way too rapidly.
Jason was not only set to learn about the Greek world but also to relearn about the Roman one and mess both of them all up. And he had to do it at full tilt, which meant he had to lean hurriedly and with no distractions.

Leo Valdez would became a distraction.

If there was one thing he was good at, that was adapting. When Piper fell into the Grand Canyon and Jason jumped after her he thanked the gods above for his wind powers. And when Jason found himself too distracted by Leo Valdez he thanked the gods for Piper Mclean, a woman he could and was supposed to love.

🌺🌺🌺

And so "The comical ways of grief" begins! Thank you for hopping in on this story as it develops, I hope you like this story and I hope it meets your expectations!
Feel free to leave constructive criticism or any kind of comments!
Please share and like!!

See you all next week 💖