.-* Chapter 2 *-.

Narrator's POV:

Jeff's concentration built as he shovelled through the mess in his mind, it was like a bomb had gone off and knocked all his organised memories and thoughts off the shelves. At least that's what he imagined it as.

The trees shielded the pale moonlight from the group, except from the occasional fragment of light now and again. A chilling wind blew through the withering leaves in the trees' grasp, they'd gone past their emerald green phases, and their majestic crimson phases. Nothing more than old, wrinkly piles of dust hanging on by a thread.
Of course, nobody but Toby had the care to notice those things, Toby was always the more energetic and enthusiastic character. However, when he wakes up on the wrong side of the bed, everyone, even Jeff prays to God that Toby's eyes won't fall on him as a victim.

Suddenly, the tall, pale man came to a harsh halt.
"What the hell are we stopping for?" Jeff called out in protest, he didn't want to be in the middle of nowhere in the first place. He got nothing but an urgent hush in response.
Rude. Though, even the wind ceased to howl and the leaves no longer rustled. No branches breaking, no crows cawing, no movement. No nothing. Just complete and utter silence, echoing through the air. But then...
SNAP!
Everyone's cold gaze fell onto Jeff.
He gave a shrug of confusion at the frustration painted on their faces. He'd done nothing wrong! Right..?
A faint sound hogged all the attention away from the boy.
A ringing?
No.
Wind?
No.
Children?
Children! They were singing, but why. Jeff, along with everyone else listened closely to the tune.
'Half a pound of tuppenny rice,
Half a pound of treacle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! Goes the weasel!
Up and down the city road,
In and out the Eagle,
That's the way the money goes,
Pop! Goes the weasel!'

Jeff felt a cold chill travel down his spine as the singing faded away to nothing, leaving an eerie music box playing alone, the songs theme tune. The lyrics played on repeat in Jeff's head, they played so much that they were practically painting over all of his memories. His stomach churned and his head felt as light as a feather, his face turned pale. Paler than freshly fallen snow. Why was nobody else feeling this?
Questions rummaged around his head along with the lyrics as they both played out loud to him in sync. This persisted for a while, but finally, he could take no more of it, and snapped.
"SHUT UP!" Jeff's grating voice traveled through the woods and caused crows to call out. They soon hushed again. The music had gone.
He thought it was finally over! Oh how wrong he was.
Jeff saw a flash of black and white and felt his body thrash against the damp floor.

.-*Sorry for the late release! School has been a pain recently, I'm also sorry for the really rubbish quality of the writing on this one- it's really late and I just got the urge to do this, anyways hope you enjoy reading this chapter! <3*-.