.+* Chapter 4 *+.

Jeff's POV:
I could see it all. The rides where families would scream thrillingly; the popcorn machines that squealed with excitement; the cheerful blears that boomed from the arcade. Everything was entrancing, maybe too much so. This all had a pulling feeling about it, almost like it could drag anyone in almost immediately, the stubbornness parent could turn timid and gullible.

Strange.

I watched the black and white striped clown's sharp grin spread wider until his cheeks were cracked through the middle. His husky voice called out,
"Welcome to the Circus!" His arms spread wide as he walked briskly to a bright, lively, yellow and red striped tent. He politely moved the curtain aside for someone, anyone to step in. Nobody moved for a while until I was shoved to the front by a gloved hand. Ben. "Ah, Jeff! You're going first, then?"
My eyes widened. I didn't think it was possible, but all of a sudden my legs were moving through the entrance. Damn it! Stop! My legs didn't stop, despite how much I resisted. The firey light shone down on my hair as I looked around at the blood-stained sand that coated the floor. The stains were splashed all over the walls of the tent, it sent a chill up my spine. A menacing laugh echoed through the tent and my anxiety built up dramatically, I was darting my head and gaze every which-way until my feet were turning with me. I felt a large hand drop roughly onto my shoulder and claws dug into my hoodie.
"Easy, Jeff. The 'people' here love fear."
Those words from the clown stood behind me shook me to my very core, so much so that I actually took his statement as a warning and began to slow my movements, until everything... stopped.

Darkness. For a moment or two.
I felt something hefty hit my back, enough to knock me to my hands and knees and make me groan out in pain. Another psychotic laugh, similar to my own, pierced my ears. I pinned myself to the floor as I tried to catch my breath, however, I was less focused on my breathing after I heard Jack's husky voice full of panic, yelling at who or whatever had knocked me down. Funnily enough, nobody else was concerned. I desperately forced a few breathless coughs as my inhales grew less and less achey, less like I was having a heart attack. It was a feeling similar to heartburn now, I'd had much worse.

To my surprise, I looked up to see a large hand, claws retracted at the tips of the fingers.
I lifted my gaze higher, I don't know whether I felt a rush of hatred or... never mind. I took the hand of the worried clown towering over me and turned my gaze away. Although, that didn't last long. Jack was soon checking me all over for any bruises, cuts or anything, really. His hand trailed all over my body, lifting my stained hoodie on occasion followed by a quick glance. This persisted for a few minutes until the beads of cold sweat had run down to the clown's chin and a breath of relief escaped him.
I tugged my arm away which still had his fingers wrapped around it. "Why the hell are you so worried? You practically flattened me when we first got here." My thin hands were soon batting dust off of my clothes, meanwhile, Jack was stood in shock, unable to dig up an appropriate reply.

Before anyone had another chance to pitch in, Slender rushed in after me, and though nobody could clearly tell, I could sense his VERY. Mild concern, though, it was only for a moment.

"Slender! You made it. So glad you could join the show, old friend."

A voice! My gaze diverted every which-way, looking for the speaker. And all of a sudden, I saw a dark shade of crimson red, along with a pitch, midnight black. Zalgo...

.~* Wow, what a cliffhanger, eh? Sorry for the delay, I'll try to be quicker next time. For now, enjoy the wait. ^^ *~.