Chapter 15: Wrath of a Witch

The mansion in the forest burned intensely, although the flame wasn’t the usual reddish hue, but rather a strange blue color.

Ian had no idea when the lizard within the mansion had turned into a flaming dragon the size of a stallion. The dragon began to destroy the mansion, effectively suppressing the mad woman who constantly attempted to break free from the dilapidating building.

The screams and curses of the residents did not cause any change to Joanna’s expression. She remained indifferent to the scene as she protectively held the frog in her hands. This was certainly not the first time that she used these forces.…and it won’t be the last time either.

Suddenly a person manage to rush out from the fire. Rather than the screaming Vivienne, it was the tough and grotesque “servant.” This “servant” who was nearly burnt to a crisp, had stumbled forth and fell before Joanna’s feet. His heavy breathing was like a fan that roused the flames of an iron stove while his throat could give out a weak voice.

Joanna looked at him for a while, then placed the frog on her shoulder before reaching out to touch the servant’s face. Usually when she encountered stray dogs or cats along the road, especially those who treated her with courtesy, she would respond back with a gentle caress. At this moment, she patted him with the same gentleness, despite him being a half burned and distorted “servant.”

“Poor child……you are truly a poor child…”

Yes, she was deeply saddened by the fact that she hadn’t him earlier. This “servant” was a broken soul within a broken shell that was distorted and synthesized by dark magic. His every breath caused a pain that language could not describe. What sins did “he” commit to deserve such a fate? No…..he must have done something to provoke the crazy witch. As a result, the woman cursed him in her anger and turned “him” into a vile creature.

Sometimes Joanna felt like she really couldn’t understand humanity, even if she was a human herself.

“Child, do you want me to give you relief?” She asked him softly and the “servant” blinked in delight; his skin had melted into a mesh and he could no longer nod his head.

Ian stared in surprise as Joanna bent down to kiss the man’s charred forehead. The servant didn’t have soft skin, nor was he a cute, furry cat, but rather, a half burned creature with a terrible face! Despite his grotesque appearance, Joanna didn’t hesitate to kiss his cheek!

After being kissed, the “servant” smiled contently and finally closed his eyes, resting his head upon Joanna’s lap. As Ian looked at the pitiful man, he wasn’t sure why, but he no longer felt that the man was repulsive; “he” was just a poor soul with a sad fate.

He was a man who deserved compassion.

“I wish you a good journey my child. I leave a blessing upon you as the Witch of the Wilderness.” Joanna gently caressed the “servant” who no longer breathed, and then carefully placed him on the ground. She picked up the wooden staff on her side and stood up proudly. If Joanna had simply intended to give Vivienne a light punishment before, now she had resolutely made up her mind to show her no mercy.

Vivienne wasn’t sure how long it took her to finally escape the blazing mansion; at this moment she appeared to be in a sorry state as she stood a short distance from Joanna. Despite her dirty clothes, Vivienne always had a way to appear lovely and pitiful in any bad situation. Even with her current messy appearance, her delicate and lovely figure could still arouse affection. Unfortunately, the one standing before her wasn’t a handsome man, but rather an angry witch, along with a prince who was sick of her madness.

The dragon spread its wings and flew up, shattering through the roof before landing by Joanna’s side. The Black Phoenix with the Blue Flame also came to Joanna’s side, standing once again on its favorite wooden staff.

“You vulgar woman!” Vivienne’s voice was hoarse, but she still had the energy to viciously glare at Joanna.

“As your predecessor, I must remind you that black magic will only bring evil consequences.” Joanna looked down on her disapprovingly. “If you make a mistake, even if it was just a small blunder, your dark magic will backlash and your contract demon will drag you down into an endless abyss. Your bones may remain on the earth but your soul will never be able to see the sun…”

“Demons!” Vivian once again summoned the shadows that stood alongside her. “Bring him back to me!”

Joanna laughed mockingly, “Do you think you have the ability to beat me a second time?”