5 months with you fixing 5 years without you

Y/N's POV

1 month had passed since I came back from the Snap. And things were going bad to say the least, but at least I was able to organize things again so I could keep seeing Zemo and we had our first session. He didn't talk much about how he's been feeling, but I could tell he would eventually with time, which is what we all needed.

"Well, that's all for today" I say closing my notebook and putting it in my bag.

Zemo doesn't respond, he just nods. I look at him thinking whether or not I should say something, I don't want to push him, but I also feel like he just needs that push, it's all just a mess.

"You know you can talk to me right?"
"I know."
"I feel like you don't though, I'm more than your psychologist you know"
"I know, I just...need time"
"I understand, I'll be here if you ever need me okay? I'll get going now, I need to sort some things out"

When I came back from the blip, a whole baggage was dropped on me. l found out Tony passed away which came as quite the surprise, and Nat's death was an even worst new, she was like a sister to me, and then to find out my best friend when back in time to grow old with his past love, and left behind his two best friends behind, was something I never expected Steve to do, yet here I was remembering how I saw him a couple of days ago, and I could barely reconnised him...

~~~

2 months and 2 sessions later Zemo had started to open up to me about how he'd felt after the snap, the way he struggled, and how everything came crashing down for him.
As unprofessional as I sounds I couldn't help but cry with him as he broke down. Zemo means a lot to me, he's a friend, and you never want to see one feeling so helpless the way I saw him. Because it truly breaks your heart.

~~~

3 months since we saw each other again and things are getting better, even with the small number of sessions we've had to do due to the world trying to go back to normal and me having to deal with my own share of therapy, we're getting there.

I've also been catching up with Bucky, and have gotten closer to Sam, given to fact Steve gave him the Shield and he's going to be the next Captain America, I felt the need to help him and get to know him better.

"So, what have you been up to?" Bucky asks as we both take a seat.

"Just busy with work you know, helping my patient and then also working with Fury and Maria"
"Right, you're working with that asshole that made most of your friends go into hiding" He says annoyed.
"Come on, he really isn't that bad, I have been working with him for a long time, he's a good person, but he has his reasons for what he did" I explain to Bucky, he looks at me pissed.
"Yeah right. Sounds like you're already attached to him"
"What?! I'm not, he's just a friend"
"Right"

~~~

4 small calls we've had outside of our sessions, where he remembers things he wanted to mention, or he wanted to check on me knowing I'm not the only one with a therapist now.

It's strange, but not a bad strange, is quite comforting to say the least.

"You really don't need to worry Zemo, Il'l be fine, honestly"
"Are you sure?"
I nod at him through the phone.
"I am, if anything changes I'll make sure to give you a call"
"Very well, I'll speak to you tomorrow then Y/N"
"See you tomorrow Zemo"

~~~

5 book recommendations I've given him so far, he's become a quick reader since the last time I saw him, and he enjoys reading more than I remember, which is fun as I get to enjoy and share more things with him.

The book he is currently reading being 'One Hundred Years of Solidute' by Gabriel Garcia Marquez.

~~~

6 months have passed since the blip since I came back from the dead, yet it feels a bit like a dream, because I've missed so much, which I can't help but hate, but I know that I couldn't have stopped anything of what happened, and I had no control over it.

"Good morning Zemo" I say walking into his cell smiling at him. He looks up from the book he's currently reading 'The Love Hypothesis' he seems to be enjoying it so far.

"Good morning Y/N, how have you been?"
"I've been doing well, just busy, how about you?"
"Well, I've been enjoying this new book you recommended so thank you for that. And besides from that, I haven't done much"

"Well," I say taking a seat and opening up my notebook, "Now you're going to do more" I add smiling.

"How exciting. What topic shall we go over this time?" He asks partially mocking me yet also being serious.

"Well, I was thinking we could go more into detail about your feelings and the way you dealt with them after the snap. But I actually just wanted to hear whatever you wanted to talk about, because I think that might help you more"

"Well then, I've...been wanting to admit something for a while but, I couldn't build up the courage to do so" Zemo starts to explain before pausing for a second stopping himself.

"What is it? You know there's no judgment here, you can tell me anything, I'm here to help you, I'm your friend-"

"That's exactly why I'm hesitant to admit this," He says interrupting me.
"Well don't be, I'm your friend, I promise I won't judge you in any way"
"You promise?"
I nod softly smiling at him.
"I promise."

Zemo takes a deep breath before he begins to speak, his leg bouncing slightly, and his eyes avoiding mine.
"One of the main reasons the snap affected me so much wasn't because I stopped therapy or because of my family like I've said. The reason it was so hard for me was that...I lost you."

Hey peeps!! Finally here's the next chapter!! I genualy apologise for taking so long to write it when I promised it would be out soon, I have been moving countries and helping my parents with everything as well as being in college so unfortunately I hadn't had time to finish this, but here it it now!! I'll try to uploud the next chapter soon! If anyone of you are interested in a Christmas one shot feel free to comment about it here or dm me I'll be happy to write one! From here on it will be easier for me to write as I'll be following the series and have my own notes of everything planned so chapters shouldn't take so long!

Anyway thank you all for your constant support it really means the world to me!

Lots of love, Author!