Two broken hearts make one

Y/n's POV

"Wakey wakey it's time to wake up!" I hear Princess say, I move covering my ears with my pillows.

"Come on Y/N it's already 9:00 am, I let you sleep later because you don't have work this week either but you still need to wake up at a decent tim-"

"I get it, I get it, I'll get up," I say tired, standing up from the bed slowly.

"So...you finally talked to Zemo, like I told you to," Princess says proudly.

"Technically he called me, but yes" I add standing up and heading to the bathroom, I brush my teeth, take a shower and then go back into my room to change.

"What did you two talk about?" I go to my tablet and see Shuri on the screen.

"Seriously Shuri?"

"What? Princess told me there was something going on between you and Zemo so I wanted to know what was happening" She explains.

"Nothing is going on between Zemo and me, he just called, and I picked up" I explain as I change into my clothes.

"That's such a lie, you definitely like him," Shuri said, I look at her confused. Why in the world would Shuri think that I like Zemo?

"Don't you hate the guy? I swear you weren't happy about the idea of me being his psychologist before" I ask her, for very obvious reasons, I wouldn't blame her if she did hate him, after all, he killed her father, and it would probably be something she could never forgive.

"I don't hate him, but I'll never forgive him for what he did. Anyway that's beyond the point you are trying to move away from my question, do you like him yes or no?"

"No..." I tell her rolling my eyes as I grab my tablet and walk to the kitchen.

"You are such a bad liar y/n, how do you work for Fury?" She asks sarcastically.

There's a knock on my door and I walk towards it, I open it and see a man with a package, it's not like the usual packages given it has big holes on the sides and I think to myself whether I ordered something recently.

"Package for Y/n L/n?" He asks.

"Oh, I didn't order anything" I explain to him.

"I was told it was a present," He said, I sign the paper and take the package thanking him.

"What is it?" Shuri asks me as I close the door.

"I don't know but there is a letter stuck to the package" I take the letter and open it seeing that it is addressed to me.

~~~

Dear Y/n,

I know that you being back after dying for 5 years has been extremely hard, as well as losing people dear to you, so I wanted to give you something as a way to thank you for everything you have done so far and also because you're very important to me, I was able to send you this with the help of one of the guards, I hope you like it and it keeps you company during your free time.

With love,
Zemo.

Ps. She's a girl

~~~

I smile as I read the letter and carefully place it back where it was.

"What does it say?" Shuri asks me, I take a picture of it and send it to her, "Omg that's so sweet! Open it I want to see what's inside!" She says excitedly.

I carefully open the box and as I do a 'meow' sound comes from it, I look down at the box shocked as I see a small kitty looking up at me.

"Oh my god, it's a kitty," I tell Shuri, her eyes widening in surprise.